“Best Buffet in Stateline”
Review of Forest Buffet

Forest Buffet
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Went there twice during my stay this week. Players card gives you a great discount. Very nice salad bar, decent Asian food station and great dessert station. The prime Rib was good and the turkey breast was moist and tasty. Food seemed to be replenished frequently because of the large number of guests. The best part of this restaurant was the wonderful view of Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

During the week the buffet opens for dinner at 5 pm and closes at 830 pm. We went up st 5 pm on the dot and there was a long line up already. The variety of foods is great and the food itself is pretty decent. The best of all are the breads and the desserts. The place is busy but the service is very good.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have eaten at this buffet many times, last week may be my final visit. It has steadily gone down hill the last year. The rib roast was so dry and tough I could even cut it to taste it, I tried just about everything (it was Italian night) and I could not find one thing that was worth eating, all was dry, tasteless and sometimes not hot, except the salad that was warm as was the self serve ice cream. To top it off the pecan cookies I liked weren't even there. The line for the meat slicing goes in the middle of the room so it is hard to maneuver around it. The layout for the salad bar has lettuce then croutons which should be after the dressings. The two stars are for the waitstaff, they are pleasant and pick up done dishes very fast. The view is great though.

2  Thank JGCalifornia
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We hadn't been back to Forest Buffet in over a year so it was time to give it another try. First tip, get there early, or be prepared to wait in a long line. It was Italian night so lots of pasta dishes were featured. As we have gotten older, we can't stomach heavy dishes so we avoided those and instead focused on lighter fare. I piled on the peel your own shrimp and Chinese sides. My wife picked out small portions of salads and meats. Doesn't sound like we took full advantage of all the offerings and there was something for every appetite but we ate our fill and saved room for the desserts and they are FANTASTIC. Overall, a good buffet and very popular, just don't expect gourmet.

1  Thank chaslin19
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We tried the buffet at Harrah's for my husband's birthday. The buffet is located in the 18th floor with a view of Lake Tahoe. The view was wonderful - the food however, was only so so. My husband had the "Asian" cuisine and he said it was very good. I tried the prime rib and it was chewy. The price was $25 per person (for adults) but we were able to get a lower price by using the total rewards card. I was really disappointed at the lack of selection of food as well as how it was cooked. Been to much better buffets so I would probably not come back here again.

2  Thank Judy H