All reviews piano player choice hotels free happy hour free cookies las vegas nearby casino sunset station top floor the breakfast area would definitely stay here again hoover dam non smoking a great place to stay yogurt mccarran airport hot tub staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The temperature in Henderson was 103 F. On our arrival and check-in, reception staff offered ice-cold, bottled water. Complimentary cookies and a newspaper accompanied us to the elevator. Our room was on the front side of the building and the sun really warmed things up, it took several hours to cool the room from 78 to 73 F but at least we were able to do so. The 2nd floor hallway was quite muggy. Our room faced the front of the hotel, received much sun, and was near the end of the hall next to a storage closet and stairwell, far from both elevator and ice machine, a very quiet, peaceful location. The hotel and grounds are clean and well-kept.

Hot buffet breakfast is served in a pleasant dining area just outside the main reception lobby. Options include biscuits and country gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, juice, pastries, fruit and coffee, and original or flavored waffles. The swimming pool is disappointingly tiny, you can’t swim more than two or three strokes in it. A fitness room offers well-rounded choices, including exercise bike, treadmills and weight lifting/resistance training equipment. Think “compartmentalized.” Both the fitness room and pool area are well stocked with towels.

Beds are comfortable; firm mattresses with pillow tops. Bed sheets are large enough you can pull off the top sheet and blanket and tuck the bottom sheet back in tightly by itself. In my experience of motels, this is a rare and wondrous occurrence. Microwave and a smallish refrigerator are provided. There is one hand-rail in the shower (in front, not on the side). High speed internet access can be invaluable. We experienced car problems and used the “Business Center” (computers and printer available at no cost for guest use) to review options and print the directions to and from several locations.

Comfort Inn offers complimentary airport shuttle, delivering you to what looks like the Vegas (McCarran) airport basement. As the van came to a stop and I was wondering where the #$@% we were, the driver blurted, “I forgot to mention, we drop you off at Ground Zero.”

This is my first and only use of hotel shuttle service and I am a genuine ignoramus of the process, but I get the feeling I'm not the first traveler the Comfort Inn's shuttle driver has dropped this particular bomb on. I’m just saying.

After the van left, I fumbled with four pieces of luggage down many long corridors before I could check anything. There was no forewarning of the lengthy journey between drop-off and baggage check, but I didn’t think to ask, either. My bad. Note to self: In future travels requiring flight, inquire into availability of curbside bag check.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nobodysmama
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed here only for about eight hours after landing late in Las Vegas. We headed to the Grand Canyon early the next morning. I was disappointed to enter our room and find the temperature to be close to 90. We had made prior reservations so the least they could have done was turn the air conditioning on prior to our arrival. It took 2 hours to cool down the room so we could sleep. Didn't find the beds very comfortable. The hotel is clean and the check in and check out was smooth. I will not stay again though.

1  Thank travelingqueen1
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night. Got a great rate on the room through the hotel site, $71 plus taxes. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. We were greeted with a few snacks - water, granola bar and the like - in our room, a very pleasant surprise. The breakfast was the standard fare, but included fresh fruit that was excellent quality. Would definitely stay here again and recommend highly.

1  Thank Sallie80
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This hotel was very nice; clean and comfortable. Our suite room was spacious with a bathroom, couch, refrigerator, microwave, and king bed. We were just staying over before heading out on an early flight, so we did not get to enjoy breakfast...but did have an evening cookie. This is in an urban area and has a few places to eat within walking distance. If you are interested in gambling, the Sunset Station next door is closely located and did have $5 blackjack tables on a Friday night (which is hard to find on the strip). One complaint I did have is that our first floor bathroom did not have a fan...over time, this could lead to mold and mildew in the bathroom (but for now, it was very clean). The pool and hot tub looked nice (but we did not use it).

It was about a 10/15 minute drive to the airport very early on a Saturday morning (5:45 am).

1  Thank warrenville111
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I recently stayed at this location while in town for business. Hotel was beautiful on the outside as well as inside. Room was nice and clean. The only downfall is the closet door doesn't stay open, which made unpacking a bit irritating. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is easy to get to and a short, easy drive if you want to go check out the strip. Would definitely recommend this hotel to families or business travelers alike.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business