“New Sandwich”

Philadelphia Restaurant & Sandwich Company
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Gardnerville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tried the new Southwest Philly sandwich tonight. It was totally awesome if you like spicy Bar-B-Q. I highly recommend they make it a regular item.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant changed hands a few months ago and hasn't missed a beat. Food is tasty, copious and reasonably-priced. The location is a bit hard to find, but just face the bowling alley and it's to the left! New owners are so nice and accommodating.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2018

I have eaten here three times in the last month. I am lucky as it is on my way home from work. Like I said the best eggplant parmesan that I have had. I also suggest the meatball sub as they are made with both ground beef and pork and delightful. I will be back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I'm very sorry to say, but the new Philadelphia will not make it. I ordered a side salad and was brought the larger salad with items that I am allergic to. The waitress said the cook was feeling generous. My husband got 1/2 sandwich and fries, the buffalo chicken sauce was twangy and too salty... again, the cook thought we'd appreciate a full sandwich and double fries.had to ask for dressing for the salad and ketschup for the fries.. If they continue to give food that was not ordered, not appreciated,, not accounted for as far as food cost,,, they will fail in no time. Consistency is key in portioning and as a customer, I expect to be served what i ordered... not what the cook thought we, as seniors, wanted... Not going back. Also hasn't checked the online menu,, i went specifically for the pear and gargonzola salad to which the waitress replied,, that was the old menu,, we don't do that... Very disappointing.. We always leave 30% tip, because the waitress was pleasant enough, but they need to step it up.. serving food that was not asked for is not good,,,and then not bringing normal staples like dressing for the salad and ketschup for fries is just expected.. WTF?

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank PATRICIA B
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We went here for dinner a week ago and we are SO glad it's back after being closed. The Tuscan Sausage and Peppers pasta was wonderful. I had it with gluten free pasta although you have to wait longer for the gluten free pasta to cook. I really liked that they include a salad with entrees now, My husband had the mussels and pasta special and loved it, too. My mother-in-law's cheese cake was a work of art, as beautiful as it was delicious. The expanded dining room is also very nice. The menu is similar to what it was before but they've added some new things.

Date of visit: August 2018