“Small Town, Small Casino”
Review of Bonanza Casino

Bonanza Casino
Ranked #14 of 24 things to do in Fallon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Let me start out by saying the staff was absolutely friendly and welcoming. However, the casino is very small and the slots appeared to be pretty tight. We did not hear any of the slots going off indicating there were wins. We didn't win either...which isn't necessarily a bad thing (you can't win all of the time!). However, there didn't appear to be other slots paying out either so they seem to be pretty tight. Nothing spectacular about the casino but nothing really bad either (except tight slots).

Reviewed 19 March 2018

They have a pretty good selection of machines that I like. I didn't win but I did not expect to. It is ok if you are passing through.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I drove through Fallon on a cold Monday in February and was looking for a casino with attached hotel and restaurant. Most of the casinos had nearby hotels, but not actually attached. (Did I mention it was cold?). A couple of others had restaurants the were closed on Mondays.

I walked in and immediately out of a few other casinos in town before walking into the Bonanza, where I immediately felt comfortable...like I was among friends.

I spent a little time in the bar playing video poker before booking a room for the night. They have some rooms attached with two beds, but I only needed one. I did have to go outside, but the room was very close, so it was fine. The room was typical Super 8 faire, but adequate for a night or two.

Due to issues moving money around, I accidently found myself cash poor for the one evening, but the bar staff was awesome in helping me stretch what little I had. Bartender Christi was just super cool, steered me to $1 beers and made me feel comfortable despite my financial woes. If you go in there, do me a favor and tip her big! She works hard for the money.

It seems staffers even like to hang out here when they aren't working and they were all friendly as well. The decor was inviting and clean, too. I thought it was a great little casino and would most def visit again.

The attached restaurant, JD Salingers, I believe it was, had a great pepperoni lasagna I highly recommend. I recommend the entire property for a stay. It's not Vegas (thank gawd!) but it worked for me!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you want burgers, salad or steak, this is a good place to eat. The lemonade however did not taste good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We have stayed before no issues. This 4 night visit paid extra for our pet. Room smelled, had 5 or more huge stains size of dinner plates on the carpets. I actually got down to smell to be sure not urine so I would not be blamed for. Not resupplied with shampoo, clean towels or coffee for room coffee pot. Still human hair in the bath tub. Second morning still carpet not vacuumed no new shampoo had to call front desk for more, still no coffee, ran out of kleenex, not refilled. Third morning still body powder on floor, tables not wiped down. Only beds made and kleenex refilled,still no coffee. Saw the maid each morning in hallway never had a vacuum with her. When we checked out was told yes they do vacuum, not true I explained pieces of paper and powder still on carpet! Once we returned in the late evening after being gone all day the air conditioner was turned to 65 degrees, we had it set for 72 when we left.
Eating at the restaurant dinner was received cold, had to wait 5 minuets after food was delivered for silverware and napkins even after asking for the place setting was told "she'll be right with you" Restaurant was understaffed felt bad for waitress. Not sure I want to stay there again! Tight casino!