“Good iced tea!”

SpecialTeas Tea Shop
Ranked #69 of 201 Restaurants in Carson City
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I have only tried their iced tea specials, such as Banana Beach and traditional chai. I was introduced to this place through Groupon. Samples are available, Happy Hour during last hour of business, and food served.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is a simple tea/baked goods/soup/salad shop not far from the Nevada State Capitol. The food is prepared fresh each day, and includes both savory and sweet baked goods. The menu seems to change daily. The chicken pot pie is the best I've ever eaten. The have a happy hour, with 1/2 price baked goods late in the day.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We were able to phone in order the day before and we had reserves. They were bringing out our food within five minutes after we were seated.

It's an order at the counter then they bring the food to you style. Limited seating but seemed adequate during weekeday lunch hour.

I had the chicken pot pie which comes in a metal disposable style pie tin. Was very pretty with the crust tucked around the rim. Very good tasting pie and was just the right amount although some may have felt the contents were shallow compared to the crust height. It was not easy to eat with a small plastic fork. I was afraid I was going to break the fork.

I had the Georgia peach tea iced. I really enjoyed it. When ordered with an entree the drinks are much more reasonably priced. Alone 3.65 for 16 oz.

The meals were served in plastic baskets with a paper liner.

For the great tea selection and the good service I will go back.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I had been traveling for a few days and mainly eating at lousy fast food places along the interstate so decided to venture away from the highway to look for something better. A few good reviews led me to this tea shop - what a great decision and the reason I love these review sites! The owner was lovely to talk with and it's clear that she takes great care in making the teas and food, everything looked fresh and yummy. I had a buttery, flaky ham & cheese croissant and an iced chai tea that was not sweet, just how I like it. Give it a try!

1  Thank labuchana
Reviewed 29 August 2015

We just popped in to grab a menu and ended up staying for lunch. We tried it all, from their chicken pot pie, to shrimp spring rolls, the triple cheese panini, dark chocolate tea cookies, and the blueberry cheese danish. It was so delicious and we all couldn't help but nibble on each other's meals! A real plus is that everything is freshly prepared. Apparently, the desserts change daily. Now on to the main feature: the TEA! I had iced lemon creme and it was just about the tastiest beverage to ever cross my lips! No joke! We also chose the Halfmoon Bay, the Iced Triple Berry Tea, and the Hot Earl Gray Supreme. The Earl Grey didn't require any additional accompaniments, although they do have a lovely sweetener bar and dairy products available. It's a fun experience as you can get a small sample of any of the teas. The service was very friendly and the owner made us feel welcome, like we could just sit there and chat! I'm so happy we now have this unique,fun, and tasty place to enjoy a bite and some great tea in Carson!