“Closed. Out of business. Owner retired.”
Review of Thurman's Ranch House - CLOSED

Thurman's Ranch House
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Was a wonderful place. But it is gone now. I am just trying to let trip advisor know this business is closed but have to fill in so many blanks to submit this basic info. So if this is long enough perhaps it will submit my form now????

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I went to their closing sale of all items in September 2013. Sad but overdue. "Thanks for the memories.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This business has closed. The owner has retired and the business was not bought out and carried on as anticipated. Loss for Carson City, it had great food.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was always one of our favorite places to eat in Carson City, but sadly it is closed forever. The owner did not want to continue, and it is for sale.
We are heartbroken.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The rest of the reviews are correct--Thurman's Ranch House is an OLD restaurant. Its decor has not been changed in years, it is dark, and the tables are for large parties.

That said, the food is very good, the price reasonable (I have attached a menu from August, 2013), and the dinner appears to be Basque style, but does not appear to be typical Basque food (for that, go to JT Bar and Basque restaurant in Minden).

The service at lunch was good--my family was on their way to Virginia City, and this is on the right side of the road just after the first intersection from the (new) 395 freeway. Lots of lunch parking, since the number of patrons was small.

My French Dip sandwich was very good, but the onion rings were even better--real home-battered rings. The fries my son had were so-so. My wife's split pea soup was excellent.

I would recommend this place--it is clearly not 5-star, but it is well worth a stop.