“Great little coffee shop”

San Rafael Coffee Company
Ranked #3 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Carson City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: San Rafael Coffee Company is dedicated to the craft of roasting extraordinary specialty coffees. We strive to bring you a cup of hand roasted coffee unmatched in quality and flavor. Local Carson City Coffee Shop and Roastery.
Reviewed 28 April 2016

This spot also seems to be a place for people to meet. The first morning I stopped here a book club had one room and a men's support group was meeting in another.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Long time Carson City resident, first time visitor to San Rafael Coffee. It felt comfy inside and perfect to meet with a friend or sit and relax with a good book. I'm not a coffee connoisseur, but I enjoyed my cup. Very good! They also have a nice selection of hot tea and baked goods. I can vouch for the pumpkin bread!

1  Thank MM_in_Nv
Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

I'm visiting downtown Carson City, NV, and right now sitting in the San Rafael Coffee Company savoring a cup of their light roast house blend (Nicaraguan and Sumatran). My husband had the dark roast. Both were excellent! Beans roasted in-house! This truly is some of the best coffee I've EVER had - and certainly THE BEST in CC, NV!

Reviewed 18 April 2015

My family and I stayed at the hotel next door. The complimentary breakfast had terrible coffee. Being a coffee fanatic I decided to look on Trip Advisor for a good coffee recommendation. To my surprise it was next door!

When Grandma and I entered the store for the first time we saw two groups of locals present. The barrista was roasting coffee himself. The menu showed various brewing techniques and coffees from various regions. I knew in about 10 seconds that this was a good place.

We ended up visiting the shop every day at least once and one day we came back in the afternoon. At the end of the trip the brother owners had talked and knew every bean we had tried.

When I talked about coffee in our neighborhood in California the barrista mentioned the shop before I said the name. These people know coffee.

Too bad the dial does not go to 6. 5 stars all the way. :D

2  Thank JohnFromSantaClara
Reviewed 31 May 2014

San Rafael Coffee is NOT named for a city in CA - but actually a small region in Nicaragua. The small batch roasting done here is some of the best in the world. The single origin espresso is a must try for those that truly appreciate the straight stuff. It holds up great in milk for those latte and mocha drinkers too. Having spent much of my life drinking and enjoying coffee, at least since the 80's... and having built and run a coffee shop in Lakeside CA, as well as having spent time as a mobile coffee dude, this is great coffee and worth your time. It's not Corporate, and it's more consistent than several large chains! Come by, have a great cup of coffee, and join the community.