“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Having traveled the mid-west for years and having stayed at almost every motel in the Sidney area. I consider the AmericInn Sidney to be one of my home away from home destinations.
I am excited about the upcoming refurbishing of this property.

The staff has always been top notch, the rooms quiet and clean, and the breakfast substantial. Some may baulk at the price, but the price is competitive for the area.

I would highly recommend this property and personally stay here every other week, year in and year out.

Room Tip: I travel alone and enjoy the King Suite. Very spacious, excellent amenities and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

During our one night stay...there was a problem with the room which I am not going to detail being convinced it was an oversight. What impressed me how quickly it was corrected. Breakfast provided was very good.

• Stayed February 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

My first stay here earlier this fall was very nice - but my second trip was much less enjoyable. The hotel is not cheap, so I felt it necessary to write again. My second stay was loud... Everything from the people around me to the window to the air conditioner. It made for a long night. The business center was not user friendly either - the outdated equipment wouldn't work for any of the people in the room. Given the price and my experience, I will consider a different hotel next time around.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We are always on the lookout for good pet-friendly hotels to stop at on our cross-country trips and recently made our second stop in Sidney to stay at the AmericInn. Right next to I-80, this AmericInn is conveniently located for those driving through Nebraska and looking for a stop between North Platte and Cheyenne.

Rooms are large and well-appointed, and ours included a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave along with a small desk where I could work on my laptop when necessary. Wi-Fi worked great for us. Beds and linens were very comfortable with a nice selection of pillows to choose from. The facility seems to be clean and well cared-for. One minor quirk that we noticed was the lack of a lamp on the desk, making it pretty dark in that corner of the room. Another small frustration which seems to be common with most hotels is the lack of available wall outlets for charging laptops, phones, iPads, etc.

Overall, this is a good value with no unpleasant surprises. I expect that we'll be back here again on our next trip through Sidney.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Great hotel, nice rooms and service GREAT breakfast.

Room Tip: Clean, well furnished, great breakfast
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Sidney hotels
0.5 km away
0.3 km away
Days Inn Sidney
Days Inn Sidney
#6 of 13 in Sidney

Been to Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge

Property: Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge
Address: 645 Cabelas Dr, Sidney, NE 69162-3047 (Formerly AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sidney)
Region: United States > Nebraska > Sidney
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
Price range (per night): $121 - $187
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge 2.5*
Truly get away from it all at our lodge-inspired Sidney hotel, which boasts small town charm and perfectly captures the Sidney culture. It is also conveniently close to the Cabela's® World Headquarters. Employees of the State of Nebraska, United Blood Service®, Cabela's® Corporate and Retail Guests, and Sidney Regional Medical Center are just a few guests that regularly stay with us. Whether you're here for the weekend, a special event or for business, depend on us to make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. We're committed to treating each guest like family, and are proud that you choose to stay with us. Reserve a room at the Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge now for a great rate! Enjoy your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel Sidney