“Nice size room but the carpet was gross!”
Review of Candlelight Inn

Candlelight Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Scottsbluff
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Kind of a run down place but we didn't mind that. The bed was comfortable, plenty of hot water and towels. The problem became apparent when I notice at least a dozen stains in the carpet and wondered if it was a stain or something more current that wasn't cleaned up after. I took a towel got it wet and rubbed on a few stains only to find it was either fresh poop or vomit and apparently went un noticed by cleaning staff! This was a deal breaker for us! Also the coffee machine was in serious needed of cleaning. I finally just took the filter part out and ran hot water over it in the sink as it had an old coffee stink to it from not being cleaned properly. Just as we arrived a motel guest next door said she found an old hot pockets meal still in the microwave from a previous guest and asked us to check our microwave. Our was o.k. no surprizes there. We turned on the air conditioning as soon as we arrived but it was fairly cool out but we realized later that the a.c. really didn't work and was just blowng air. The manager was very friendly when we arrived even gave us a discount coupon to eat at the Whiskey Creek next door but sorry this didn't make up for the gross carpet and a.c. not working. Not the most pleasant stay but everything else in town was booked. If I'd of known how bad this was we'd of just traveled a few more miles and found a more clean suitable place to stay!

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this motel ask to see a room first and check for cleanliness. It was very cle...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimdex54

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Nice budget motel that is near the "mall" and numerous restaurants/fast food locations. Wal-Mart is about 5 minutes away. the room itself was very clean as was bathroom. water was hot with plenty of towels. check in/out was fast and the customer service was very good. will stay here again if in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

If you like working girls and the room being used by the hour and you don't mind a room that has not been cleaned since the 90s you will love this place... And there's no pool, there's amid the smell is worse then the factory near by.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank mikeGobigred1869
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We had booked this motel in June for Oregon Trail Days. We the reservation when I pulled in that evening. The owner came to the front desk. He was rude and said he did not have my reservation and I was able to show him that I had indeed reserved the room a month prior. He proceeded to tell me motels were going for more than the rate on my reservation. All motels were booked that weekend we were in town. At first he tried to charge me more than the reservation, Then he handed me the phone and asked me to call the company I had booked from and wanted me to tell them that I changed my mind and did not want to rent the room, then he would rent me the room.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Joni B
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

The rooms are big and clean. The rooms could need some facelifting. There is an wet smell in the rooms. No breakfast served. This is an old and very basic Motel, good for a short nightstop. It has sen it's better days.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank ThomasGBG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsbluff
0.2 km away
2.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsbluff Conference Center
1.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Scottsbluff

Been to Candlelight Inn? Share your experiences!