All reviewsbiscuits and gravyhyvee grocery storepool and hot tubhard boiled eggsroom was cleanwafflesstay there againa great staysitting areaking suitefree breakfastfront desk clerkstaff was friendlykieranmotelratesnebraska
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I chose this hotel because the one I normally stay at was booked out for the dates I wanted. This one appeared on booking.com, and was almost half the price of my usual hotel, so I snapped up the deal.

Getting to the hotel was extremely straight forward. Parking was free and easy. Checking in was a breeze, and even though I was too early, the clerk at the desk let me check in at no extra cost.

The room was lovely - spacious and clean. It had a fridge AND a microwave, which made eating lunch while working (which I was doing from the hotel room) easy and cheap.

Breakfast was included, but is extremely carb-heavy. The protein choice was hard-boiled eggs, and that is all. Still, there was fresh fruit and yoghurt as well, so that was nice.

WiFi was easy and fast. I worked remotely using the WiFi and had no issues at all. I had to checkout a day early and the clerk helped me get my money back for one night even though I had used booking.com (I had to call them, who had to authorise it with her) but she got it done.

Everyone was friendly. There are vending machines. The pool is tiny but good to use.

I would most definitely stay here again. What a hidden gem!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and for giving us the wonderful 5 star review! You have mentioned so many of the things we work hard to provide for our guests to ensure a comfortable stay. Our friendly staff is amazing and truly want our guests to feel at home and happy with their experience. Our spacious rooms are always clean, comfortable and the microwaves, refrigerators, irons and ironing boards, blow dryer and oversize 42 inch tvs are great amenities for all of our rooms. The complimentary breakfast, available from 5am to 11am every day is a great way to start the day, with many choices for different tastes. Our pool area is open 24 hours a day to fit into any guest schedule. We are so glad our team could help get your checkout taken care of and we look forward to seeing you back again! Thank you!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel before and will again. Disappointed that the hot tub was no longer there but the staff made it up to us when our room was upgraded to a room with a whirlpool tub. I think my roommates enjoyed it more that way. Staff were AMAZING. Was impressed when I was called to make the reservation as I was on a waiting list, and also the call to see when we would be checking in!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us during state bowling! We truly enjoy the teams that come to town for this event! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff - they are a great group and truly want our guests to have a great stay. We are glad you and your roommates enjoyed the whirlpool tub suite to - its a great way to relax and unwind. Thank you again and we hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I travel to Lincoln on buisness quite often and I always stay here. Noemi, Kiera, and the rest of the staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and clean with large flat screen TVs and a nice selection of stations. VERY comfortable beds, good water pressure in the shower (that's a pet peeve of mine) with plenty of large towels. Great pool for the kids, workout room, and a laundry room if you need it. I have stayed at a fair amount of hotels in my buisness travels and I haven't found one better for anything close to this price! Oh, I almost forgot, enjoy the extended hours they have for breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you so much for being a repeat guest of ours and taking the time to share your thoughts! We can't tell you how much we appreciate your loyalty and your kind comments! You mentioned so many of the things we work so hard to provide for our guests - from the friendly service from our fantastic team to our clean, comfortable rooms with the refrigerator, microwave and oversize 42-inch flatscreen tv, to the extra fluffy towels and great water pressure. Not only is our pool a great area for kids - it is even open 24 hours a day for everyone's enjoyment. And you are right - our complimentary breakfast is available unusually long hours - from 5am to 11am everyday! We do our best to offer a great stay for a great price and we are happy to know you enjoy staying at the New Victorian Suites! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Melissa was so kind and helpful. The hotel is walking distance to 3 stores. I bought a bottle of wine and Melissa opened the bottle at the front desk for me. Enjoyed my stay! We are 10 minutes from the university for a tour. Can’t wait to see the town. We arrived late at night, but were still given a great reception. I will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us Judy and taking the time to give us a 5 star review! Our location really is very convenient - close to shopping, dining and entertainment and its an quick, easy drive to the University too. Melissa is a wonderful member of our team and we are grateful for her shining example of excellent service for our guests. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Lincoln and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My family came into town for some ball games. I wasn't to sure I wanted to stay when we checked in. There was a short elderly lady very rude and giving my daughters and our friends dirty looks. Only to find out later she was an employee here. I couldnt tell cause there was no name tag and if you are working The front desk, wouldn't you want to be dress more professional. After a long day of running around to come back to a very welcoming front desk worker name Melissa. She Invited our girls to some snacks in the lobby.  Its friendly workers like melissa that would keep me coming back to this location.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for games. We apologize for the initial feeling you got at check in as that is not what we expect for our service. Our company believes strongly in offering warm, welcoming service and a friendly smile for our guests - and Melissa is a wonderful example of our expectations and she sincerely cares about our guests and making certain they have a great time with us. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we hope to see you back again soon!