“Not What I Expected”

Venue Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Venue Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 705 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: USD 6 - USD 38
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Venue Restaurant & Lounge is a full-service restaurant in Lincoln, NE. We specialize in affordable quick-service lunches while presenting a fine dining Chef-inspired dinner service. Our nightly features are nothing short of amazing with exclusive finds from around the world. It's important to Chef John Benton and our culinary team to deliver only the freshest, gourmet ingredients that our guests can't get anywhere else. We also offer a catering and event service with our own catering chef, Travis Chrisman. We have your event venue covered with 5 private dining rooms, as well as the Jasmine Room located at the Grand Manse. Our astounding on-site catering has a large variety of delicious foods to suit any event.
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was in town on a business trip and my customer wanted to have lunch here because it is one of their favorite places.

The service was really good but the food was just ok.

I had the Cuban sandwich and the cheese was not even melted when they brought it out. the pork was in chunks and not pulled like a Cuban should have on it. The flavor was ok but nothing to brag about. I also asked for my fries to be super super super crispy and when they came out the were barely warm and not that crispy.

Not sure I would eat here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is my family's favorite place to eat when we are in Lincoln. The service and setting is exemplary. Everything that we get is always exceptional. I wouldn't go to their Thanksgiving again, but I don't care for buffets.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We went for anniversary. Wife ordered salmon (4 oz.) and I the walleye. She was brought some shrimp dish. (told we would not be charged for her meal) When they finally brought the salmon, it was a very lonely tiny piece of fish served with....nothing. Walleye was very greasy. Informed that we would get a free dessert (desserts were good). The bill included one free dessert, a charge for the included side for the salmon.

Remember, this is Lincoln, not LA or Chicago; very small and mediocre servings in a place which tries to be upscale.

Justin C, General Manager at Venue Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your review and choosing to spend your anniversary with us. We rely on guest feedback to better ourselves and our business every day. We apologize for our missed steps of service that lead to an unpleasant experience for you. We will use this as a training tool for both the service staff, and kitchen staff. I would love to talk to you about this in further detail. Please contact me at justin@yourvenue.net or 402-488-8368. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I have been this Resturant on several occasions but for business and pleasure and I am yet to be disappointed. One the best upscale restaurants in Lincoln yet on the weekends the bar is always full and the conversation keeps going if you want enjoy Lincoln without been downtown this is the place to be. I always get the Seafood trio and my complain is always the same I want bigger portion sizes OK you have to understand I live in Nawlins and we want Lagniappe.....more extra. This place is also great for a date first on not it's fantastic.

Barrie K, Manager at Venue Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi! Thank you for thinking of us for your special occasion! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the atmosphere here and you can never go wrong with the Three By the Sea! We can't wait to help you out with whatever special event comes next!. Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I was in town for a little over week on a business trip and after hearing several people mention this place I decided to try it out. When you walk in you notice what a modern looking place it is and combine that with the circular main dining area it is a cool space. I sat down and immediately decided on a special which was a 14oz Delmonico that I ordered with the six pepper crust. For the sides I opted for the roasted fingerlings and the risotto. When my food out it wasn't served on traditional plate but a piece of wood, almost like a cutting block which I thought was quite clever and perfect for a steak place. The steak was simply amazing! It cut beautifully just like you would expect for a steak you are paying that much for. The sides were great and the meal was absolutely wonderful. The service was just what you expect, tentative but not overbearing and there when you needed them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place for a nice night out.

Barrie K, Manager at Venue Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi! We're so glad you stopped in! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your steak and its presentation. Be sure to come back next time you're in town and check out the new features we'll have available then! We put a lot of work into what we do here and we're so thankful when people like you share your experiences with us. Thanks again!