“Good food and selection”
Review of El Vallarta

El Vallarta
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in La Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 February 2018

The menu was typical for tex-mex in that it is large with several combination and house specialties. The chips are very good but the salsa is nothing special. I had the chile verde and it was really tasty with a good portion of the pork. I tasted with a taco a very spicy and smoky sauce, that was surprising in the amount of flavor. A cheese enchilada was actually very well executed given how elementary it sounds. This place is hard to see from the street but was busier than I had expected for lunch.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

What a menu! We enjoyed a variety of entrees from seafood enchiladas to fajitas. The chips and salsa are tasty. Quick service and great happy hour! It very similar to most Mexican restaurants so nothing spectacular that makes it stand out.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We have eaten at El Vallarta several times but the last one will probably be just that: the LAST one. I recall when this restaraunt first opened and I recognized well cooked, authentic mex-tex food. But somehow that has changed.
The waitstaff are still friendly and courteous - no problem there. The service is a bit slow but not terribly so. However, the food has definitely gone downhill. What was once tasty and abundant with flavor, now tastes like heated up frozen food. The rice and beans are bland. The chili rellano that I ordered had a thick chewy battered coating that may have been on that pepper for a very long time. The tacos were simply ground beef with no spices, wrapped in a flour tortilla. We were very disappointed and do not intend to visit El Vallarta again until we hear of an ownership or kitchen staff reorg.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We dined here with another couple for the first time. Our portions were all large and delicious! My husband couldn't even finish his chalupa fajita. The crumbled beef in the tacos and enchiladas had a good flavor and most importantly (for me) it was not greasy! The atmosphere was nice without loud music blaring. If you go on a Friday night get there by 5:00 and you will have your choice of tables. By the time we left at 6:00 there was quite a line of people waiting to get in. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

There seems to be two general categories of Mexican food. One uses smoky sauce that hides the flavor the other nice sauces that let you taste the meat or chicken, this is the Smokey kind, not my favorite but the five guys with me seemed to like it.

Been to El Vallarta? Share your experiences!