All reviews room was clean front desk would stay here again business trip wife office
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Yes, I gave it a 3 as explained below. The fellow at check in was very nice and helpful. I believe we got the last room. It was actually a nice suite, with my AAA discount, it was reasonable for us. The rooms are clean. The following is why I gave it a 3, it had a 5 going for it until the next morning. The place was packed with some very well behaved sports teams. However, for a hotel this size they breakfast area was extremely small and not all that good. There was not enough parking, no pool (even the Quality near by has a pool), the elevator was good distance from most rooms, and only one small luggage cart. It was being used when we checked out. I asked the morning desk person if there was another and she said no there was only one. She said we encourage our guest to use the straps on the luggage. I am sorry but the last sentence was not very well taken. I had a broken leg so carrying my luggage from the second floor to the lobby was a chore. Yes, there is an elevator but it was a long way from my room. Try the Quality next time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Comfort101, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay. It is good to hear that the staff was able to get you into a comfortable room which met all of your expectations. When we have sports teams with 4 guests per room the breakfast room does get full quickly and we should of had our conference room open for over flow - still a very busy breakfast area. I do apologize for the comment made by staff to use luggage straps and did not try to locate the luggage cart to assist you. Providing the guest with good service is very important to us.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Our stay was an overnight to watch a grandson's college soccer team play in the first round of the NAIA National Championship. We got into our room earlier than the standard availability and unloaded the car before heading to the match. When we returned to the hotel our room was a comfortable warmth to our chilled bones. My wife took a hot bath while I enjoyed the large flat screen TV. The hotel is far enough off the highway that we didn't hear a sound. Even the other guests weren't heard all night. Breakfast Sunday morning was hot, fresh and plentiful.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

It is always great when you can see a family member competing in sports arena and relax in a great room at the hotel. Providing the proper amenities and staff to make your life more enjoyable is what we strive for. Thank you for the kind words regarding the breakfast and how the hotel is maintained - it is appreciated.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We chose this location again because, well, there are not a lot of options in Hastings, NE when it comes to state softball tournament time. This time around we were able to get a 2nd floor room and it was much quieter than our last stay. Clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is very small but we made do with it.

Room Tip: In my experience, 2nd floor was much quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

It is great that you had a quiet room for this stay. On occasions we have to work on reminding all guests that we have a variety of reasons the other rooms are occupied and need to respect their space and need to monitor the level of noise. Glad your room was clean and comfortable and had a good breakfast to start your day.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Stayed here in August with a friend. We each had our own room. Both rooms stank. One smelled like wet dog the other smelled like cigarette smoke. We spoke with a couple that was staying there and they agreed that the rooms have an odd smell. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Comfort101, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

We do appreciate you providing feedback in regards to your stay in August. We have since then cleaned all of the guest room AC units which may have been the cause of an unpleasant odor in the room. Our housekeepers have also been instructed to tune in better to the "smell" of the room. We do not want to cover it up - we want to resolve the issue by finding the cause. I am glad all other areas and amenities were in good order for your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Warning about room 107, Upon arrival the room smelled very bad and moldy. It appeared to be coming from the AC unit. The management was immediately notified but they had no other room to move us too and would not be able to fix until the following day. We were told that al the rooms in Hastings and surrounding areas were booked because it was the weekend of the Nebraska State Fair. The solution was to turn off the A/C unit and open the window (first floor) and use a floor fan to ventilate the room. It was a long miserable night with a lot of coughing. The next day, with some arm twisting, I was able to get the management to move us to another room but at no time did they offer to discount or otherwise compensate us. If they had not moved us we would have checked out and found other lodging. I don't know if they ever fixed the problem but the room was occupied that night. The real issue is I don't believe this just showed up on the day of our arrival and they had to be aware they had an issue. That said the management team was pleasant and helpful in other areas.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Comfort101, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

I do want to apologize for your room having an unpleasant odor to it. The HVAC was addressed by maintenance and corrected to make it a better stay for future guests. We do want all of our guests to have a positive experience when lodging in Hastings. I am happy to hear the staff was helpful in many areas.

Harry D.