All reviews place to stay front desk rooms beds motel
Reviewed 1 September 2018

This is the first review I have ever written, but I was so disappointed with this hotel's lack of honest business ethics, I wanted others to know. We booked a week stay for our daughter at a discounted rate (we appreciated that), and at the time of booking, we were told if she didn't stay the entire 7 days, the rate would revert back to the standard daily rate. (that is nearly an exact quote). Our daughter stayed 3 nights, and checked out early on the morning of the 4th to save us some money. We figured, based on the daily rate we were quoted, the hotel owed us about $50 back. We called to seek that refund, and were told, "no - this is subject to the owners approval". What? Now you tell us? Then Angie proceeded to inform us that refunds like this are rarely given. Again, after our daughter checked out, you tell us now? I figured since the rate reverted back to the daily rate, which is what we were told, there was an incentive to check out early if the room wasn't needed for the full week. We saved this hotel 4 days use ! IF we had known they would renege on the refund, she would have stayed the additional 4 days. They kept our refund, bad business practice. Save yourself trouble and do not stay at this hotel ! They can not be trusted with what they tell you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Angie M, Manager at Red Coach Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Our practice is not dishonest, you were told several times when the reservation was made that you got the discounted rate only for a seven day and if she chose to leave early this was a non refundable rate. You repeated this to your husband several times while still on the phone with the desk staff. We also have have a pet policy which was included in that quote that would not have been refunded. Also since you daughter never informed staff she was checked out this room was still held for her. You called a week after her check out date to inform us she left early. We are very honest and we do give refunds when they are legitimate,but since you were told before you booked this room it was a non refundable reservation, there is nothing I can do.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

this is a decent place if you looking for good deals in town.

friendly staff and clean rooms.

everything is nearby and wifi is ok.

parking lot is huge if you wish to park semi truck or trailer

will stay again !

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2018

This place is a total dump, you would be better off sleeping in your car. It is absolutely filthy. the lobby the room the so called breakfast room. I would not let my worst enemy stay in this crap hole.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I checked in using a credit card, when we got to the room the carpet was very dirty, the bed skirt was torn and laying on the floor, the TV did not work and the mattress should have been replaced years ago, I asked for another room and it was worse than the first except that the TV worked but I was unable to control the volume, change the channel or turn it off. I went to the office and told the desk clerk we were not happy with the accommodations and asked that he refund or credit my credit card account. He said he "wasn't authorized to do that but that he would talk to the manager in the morning".

I found a very nice room at a "DAYS INN" a couple of miles away and stayed the night. In the morning I returned to RED COACH INN and talked to the manager. She said the could not credit my Visa Card with out first getting approval from the owner and he was "out of state" but he was returning that day, she gave me her business card, wrote the owners first name and phone number on the back of the card and assured me that one of them would call me.

I have since returned home and in the past two weeks I have called the front desk and talked to Juan, Angie, Sally (twice), and Jessica. All have been polite and I have no problem with the staff except they do not return calls and have done nothing to resolve the situation. I have also attempted to call "Mike the owner" at the number given to me by Angie. I get a machine saying "leave a message". I have left several messages.

Over two weeks have passed and no one has called me and my credit card has not been reimbursed. I have since contacted my credit card company in hopes they can resolve the situation. I would encourage you to find another place or sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Find a different motel !!!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Angie M, Manager at Red Coach Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

We do apologize for the issues with the t.v. , the mattress is a new one and of course we have since changed the bed skirt, we appreciate that you brought that to our attention.
We did try to call you back but the number stated it was either out of service or no longer in use.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

a friend and i came to grand island for a concert and need a room for the night. we were able to pay cash which was great and got a nice looking room right away. staff was awesome! went to eat at Pam'S, recommended by the front desk and was impressed there too. this is kind of like an old small town feel to it. although there needs to be some updateing done, i slept well and enjoyed the free dinning for breakfast. coming again in june, going to stay here again.

Room Tip: go to pam's to eat. great staff, great food, friendly prices.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Angie M, Manager at Red Coach Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we love to hear from our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.