“Yummy and Welcoming”

Kinkaider Brewing Co
Ranked #13 of 148 Restaurants in Grand Island
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Arrived mid afternoon and was one of about three patrons. The staff was very welcoming and attentive. I sampled a beer, had the Thai Shrimp, and some burnt ends - all very yummy. When I asked about glassware for sale, I was brought samples of all to make a choice. When I needed local information, I got good recommendations. Definitely would return whenever I am in the area.

Cody S, Owner at Kinkaider Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thanks so much for swinging in!!

Hope to see you in again soon!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Met up with friends pre-concert, sat up in balcony for the first time. Service was still good up there (although I am curious to know what it takes to open the upstairs bar). Drinks were good, Had the shrimp appetizer on recommendation of our friends...good choice. I went for the brisket since I've enjoyed it before. Was surprised to see a couple slices of meat; I've received soft chunks of wonderful meat the three previous times I've ordered it. Nevertheless, it was VERY tasty. Onion rings were large and good, although lots of breading. Husband likes the mac and cheese with burnt ends. He was happy there were actually a few more burnt end pieces than the last time (previously counted six). Our friends went with the special (a meat and shrimp surf & turf) and burger. Kind of pricey, but everyone enjoyed his/her choices. We appreciate having this dining/drinking option in Grand Island (although I miss all the Christmas lights!).

Thanks so much for coming in!!

Really appreciate the great feedback!

We are going to work earnestly to win that 5th star from you!!

Cheers

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived around 7 PM on a Friday evening. The place appeared to be pretty full and we could have been seated within just a couple minutes but we requested to sit up in the balcony, so that was a little longer wait. While we were waiting and customers were coming in after us the hostess informed them that it would be a 45 minute wait. Everyone that was told that decided to go elsewhere. Although that would’ve been a typical wait in Lincoln or Omaha any weekend evening. After being seated in the upper level we noticed that there were in fact a lot of open tables, so we assumed that the wait time was more based on the kitchen then actual seating available. It is a little strange when you walk in and seating is available and you’re told it’ll be a 45 minute wait though. After being seated we were quickly served with menus and ask what we’d like to drink. My husband went with the Herd Law Honey Wheat beer and enjoyed it! We ordered the onion rings we had seen pass by several times and they were delicious! So good in fact that when it came time to order I downgraded to only a house salad The salad was typical, good and niced sized. My husband ordered the pork chop with smashed sweet potatoes and he said it was delicious....I stole a bite and it was in fact really tender and good. The atmosphere was nice although the music was pretty hard to hear, not sure if that was because we were on an upper level or what. However, as time went on we did hear the music more so it may have been affected by crowd noise. There are multiple TVs and most were on the basketball tournament games which in my opinion should’ve been that way. Overall great experience in a unique setting with great food… we’ll be back!

Thanks so much for coming in!! Great review and lots of good feedback!!

Thanks Cody

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Took my daughter to get some authentic Irish Menu food. Colcannon Mac and Cheese was amazing! Brisket and home made fries were very good. Guinness substitute was good, Irish cheesecake was excellent. The place was packed but that's a good sign of it being a great place to be. Live band outside was playing country music which it should have been Irish music since it was St. Pat's Day.

That was a fantastic week!!

Thanks for the great review and hope to see you out again soon!!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Went in on Valentine's Day with no reservations. Sat at the bar and ordered. Whole staff was friendly and attentive. We had spinach artichoke flatbread and the pastrami sandwich with onion rings and have to say it was all top shelf! Beers were great as was the apple cider from a local winery. Place is a former pool hall & gambling parlor and the new owners have done a great job "recycling". The best place we've been in awhile!

Cody S, Owner at Kinkaider Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thanks a lot! We have been working hard to make a great business! We love this place and are glad you do to!
The Kinkaider Team