“Mmmmmm....just mmmmmmmmmm”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is one of those pub / restaurants that make you just want to sit down, enjoy the country feel, quaff an ale and as you relax.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Food is very good. I'm a vegetarian and they cater very well for us vegetarians. I took my son on a recent visit and he reliably informed me that the meat was perfecto!
Great venue for couples and very good for family's. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. I've visited a few times and I would especially recommend enjoying your meal on the green outside. This venue is one of the Special places that myself and my girlfriend like to escape to, to just enjoy some 'together' time without family life intruding! ;-)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went to the Fox and Duck for first time today - we are both vegans and, unusually, there is a vegan main course on the menu. Hooray. It's hard to make tofu really mouth-wateringly delicious, crispy and creamy but the chef managed it! Accompanied by lovely carrot pancakes, polenta and fresh green salad. One of the best meals we've had in ages. We got chatting to the table next to us and they were also loving their food. Very friendly service too, we (and our dogs!) were made very welcome, thank you and we will be returning.

2  Thank louiselumb
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Went to celebrate a belated birthday and mother’s day
One couple shared the meat pplatter, two had the halloumi salad, one parfait
Mains were one fillet steak, foxy burger, weekly pie, one risotto.
No room for dessert.

Service a little slow as it was extremely busy

1  Thank Darka M
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Had a colleague leaving do ,was allowed to park motorhome in the large car park,
From the minute I entered the pub the staff were friendly and engaged in conversation
The service and food was faultless ,it was a Tuesday and it was packed
We were a party of 17 and had nothing but praise

1  Thank Daren B
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Ivan and Eve run the best food pub in the area.
Teresa and I have made the Fox and Duck our regular Sunday lunch venue for over three years now because of a combination of the food and and ambiance.
This is a fantastic, classical, pub that is run by a couple who genuinely care for their customers and have a kitchen that has never let me down.
Gammon and chips with two duck eggs is close to orgasmic, and the Haddock and chips easily beats the two Royston fish and chip shops.
Teresa reverts to the sea trout option if available on the menu, because of the attention to detail with the accompaniments.
Keep on doing what you are doing and many thanks
Teresa and Chris