Fitzroy Falls Gallery(Fitzroy Falls)
All reviewsmorton national parktennis courtstwin fallsmoss valeon arrivalbike tracksdvdscabinfirewoodwifibedroomwinterfireplaceweekend
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Cute little Bush Cottages with the most comfy beds, clean and tidy everything you could want. The short walk to the falls made for a beautiful morning walk and is worth bringing a torch to see the wombats at night. The staff are fantastic super friendly. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Neat, clean and tidy cabin. Stayed in the one bedroom cabin. Comfy bed. Crisp linens. Modern kitchen and even a bath tub in the bathroom (score!!!) gets nice and toasty with the fire going. Even some DVDs for my 4yo son to get in to, which was a nice change from having him on the Ipad! The couple owners very kindly allowed us to use their wifi up near their house. Heaps to do for kids, swimming pool (too cold this weekend unfortunately) beautiful bush walks. Highly recommend if you want a no frills super chilled bush experience weekend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Booked for two but only stayed for one night. Owners decided it's a good time to clean all the cottage's gutters with a leaf blower. No consultation with us and totally ruined a quiet bush experience. I can put up with the screen door that doesn't shut properly or the pots and pans from the 1960's but this place is overpriced. The owners don't seem to grasp the fact that people that like to stay in this type of accommodation are seeking the quiet sounds of nature, not some guy going crazy with a backpack leaf blower.
The owner wasn't very sympathetic to me complaining and even charged an extra $60 one night surcharge. This place is very unprofessional......do not stay there!

Room Tip: Check to see if maintenance is being carried out during your stay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2017

4 months after making my booking, it was cancelled by Twin Falls without consultation and without reason. I just received an email saying it was cancelled. Had to argue for more than half an hour to get them to reinstate the booking. After that, we decided to stay elsewhere and cancelled our bookings without penalty (as my email from booking.com confirmed).

However, after the weekend down there I got a rude email from them, telling me I hadn't cancelled and hadn't turned up, demanding payment and threatening slander.

I emailed them my cancellation confirmation, but then received another emailed bill from them for $15 more than the original!

Fortunately, booking.com managed to sort them out and I even got a kind of apology email from them. It had all happened as a result of their surprising initial cancellation. I did point that out, and received an email accusing me of filling out the booking.com form with false information, which is completely wrong. I filled all the fields out with my correct information (as you do). Their apology was retracted.

I am surprised that they are in business at all, the way they treat people and recommend going anywhere else, unless you like dealing with dishonest and rude people who try to extort money from you without checking their facts first.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017

A nice brown live horse (with bath tub for its water trough) in a big fenced area is the first thing you see as you pull up the driveway. A family of multicoloured pigs also greet you near the reception area (you can feed them your leftovers too says the guest note)! There is a big tennis court & nice pool with inflatables, & a big hammock nearby.

The cabin on stilts with gorgeous bush as your backyard & fireplace (with small neat pile of firewood) inside add to very nice first impressions. So did coffee machine with capsules, decent hot water & liquid bath soap dispensers for showering or baths, adequate kitchen facilities (stove, oven, microwave) & cutlery. Even Milo. Clean good bedding & pillows.

Unfortunately came some pretty annoying downsides.

No air con (2 pedestal fans was just enough for our family to survive the hot weather).

Gaps in frames of 2 flyscreens letting bugs (the ones that didn't get stuck in the opportunisitc spiders' webbings that lined the gaps) in when you need air (we saw hundreds gather around the light we had on in the living room at night. There was some kind of Mortein wall mounted thingie which no longer worked on the wall. So I had to manually eradicate these hundreds of insects with a wet towel standing on a chair (much to my wife's amusement)). Closing the windows helped stop the insects but it meant the place would be stuffy & hot when you slept. Good thing the next day the weather got cooler & minimal insects came back.

The carpet in the middle of the living room smelled like smelly feet I doubt they ever gave it any clean apart from vacuuming. There were ants crawling over the smelly parts especially & after 1 day hundreds of ants made a line down the kitchen wall to our rubbish bin while we were out in the morning. I used the vacuum cleaner to suck 'em all up which took 45 mins. Ants also got in from the sliding door good thing I had Aeroguard which kept them using that route later. Good thing insects didn't really swarm to the bedrooms though.

I think it's advertised that wifi is available - however it's not & we couldn't get any mobile phone reception either (with Optus - owner told us Vodaphone works good as there is a tower nearby). Owner did give us his own wifi password which only works of course near his front office/house, if he is home (when he wasn't, the wifi was turned off).

We were looking forward to watching Star Wars 1 with our kids but the 1st CD with the main movie was missing! There were other DVDs to try but DVD/Blue Ray disc player was not working properly. Checked the DVD/VHS player below it, that worked except no remote so you couldn't actually play a disc once the the menu screen was up.

And to top it off, 1 bedroom door was hard to close, the other one where our kids slept, which faces the living room where the TV blares straight at it, could not close at all (they need to shave it to fit into its frame). This was obviously fun for our kids who used it as an excuse not to sleep, but obviously not for us.

The above things are easy to fix, hope they get round to it. We felt for $180 per night it was a bit cheap of the owners to allow flaws such as this to persist in what would be an otherwise perfect getaway experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
twinfall, Manager at Twin Falls Bush Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thanks for the extensive review! Sounds like you got the 'total bush experience' as well as the highest temperatures we've experienced in the southern highlands for ten years !
What to do about those crude bugs ?
1. Flyscreens are being worked on so thanks for the heads up.
2. We do choose toxic free over bug free and most of our guests feel the same but we will keep our eye on it.
We look forward to your next visit. Maybe an autumn/winter stay ready to stoke up the fire after some bushwalking or mountain biking or a hit of tennis.
Again thanks for the time taken to review our place. We appreciate the feedback.