“It may have been an odd, bad night for them ??”
Review of Mikes

Mikes
Reviewed 6 April 2018

(visited Jul '17..getting caught up now, from all our places we stayed/ate at, from last summer). We had a very nice waitress, but there were problems in the restaurant this night. Not just a couple of problems, but several.
After ordering, we waited 25 mins. for our meals. My lasagna meal was missing the Caesar salad, and roll came without butter (I had to ask for both of these). My husband's meal, the Philly Cheese Steak Sub, arrived cold and so was the jus dip. It must have been a different style, as it seemed to be missing the cheese, but he finally found some on the bottom of sub. With it all being cold, he had it sent back, to be heated. Instead of the fried onions (from menu listing), there were cut green onions on top. There was no coleslaw dressing on coleslaw, and then he realized, there was just packaged mayo to use, which was in the just brought out, butter dish. He had asked her for this dressing, when ordering earlier, when she asked which type..."coleslaw dressing". The girl was rushed off her feet, but not our fault, and it got worse, as more people came in. It took quite awhile for us to get the bill. Then, the bill was wrong, as she charged for my Caesar salad, which was included with the meal! How could my lasagna, not come with something else/a side!! The salad was small and hardly had any dressing on it, so would never had paid for that!! She argued (kind of nicely) that I had it separately, but we kept saying that salads come with the meals. We asked to see the menu, and she saw that it was included, so we had a corrected bill brought to us. Because she had forgotten my salad in the first place, she thought it was separate!! We left a small tip! We kept noticing the line growing, for people waiting to be seated, and some people did leave the restaurant. The line up to get in wasn't due to popularity, but a very slow restaurant!! I complained to the cashier, in French, but she just kind of smiled, as she couldn't do anything. On the way out of building, I heard people talking, about what was going on, and I was almost going to tell them, that they're in for a long night!! We may eat here again on our yearly trek to PEI, to give it one more chance, as this may have just been an off night ??

Simone M, Manager at Mikes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear guest, thank you for having taken your time to review our restaurant. We appreciate all of our guests' feedback.
We are saddened to know your last experience didn't meet your expectations. Clearly something went wrong here, leading to a less than ideal visit for you.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to do a proper follow up on a visit dating from 9 months ago. Should your next visit be anything less than perfect, we invite you to tell a manager while on site or reach out to our Head Office team immediately thereafter as it would help us do a proper follow-up with you and the restaurant and ensure any required training or assistance is provided.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and collaboration!
We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Great place for staple-food. No surprises. Pricing is OK. Service was excellent. Good~average menu items at reasonable pricing

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Very kind server who spoke English with us. We got our meals quickly and they were delicious. The stuffed brucetta bread rolls were good. My daughter got a free dessert so she was happy. Clean bathrooms and cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

After a very long day of riding in cold weather, I was just going to order a pizza but then the sun came out. So rode up the road to Mikes. What a pleasant surprise. A ordered the Broccoli and chicken penna. It was fantastic and in a regular meal there was lots. my only chuckle was that they did not understand my request for garlic toast, but I got a nice fresh bun with melted garlic butter on it. This was a very nice hi light to my days ride. Will try and stop again.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

We stopped in twice, once enroute to Nova Scotia, and again returning home. Though I do not generally patronize family restaurants, I enjoyed the breakfast menu and the lunch menu. Fair prices, good choices on the menu, and very friendly service. I would return.