“Great bed; quiet room”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
West Fargo
“Great bed; quiet room”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Upon my arrival, I was upgraded from a queen bed to a king bed room. My room was at the end of the hall and was very quiet. I spent over an hour trying to get on the internet and called the front desk. I still couldn't log on and finally went to the front desk and she had to reset something on their end before I could get the log-on screen. The bed was very comfortable, and I enjoyed a great night's sleep. When I went for breakfast in the morning, I took the last of the regular coffee, and the girl who was working immediately made a fresh pot when I told her. My only complaint was the breakfast. There weren't very many choices and there was nothing for someone who is gluten intolerant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall for a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 October 2011

For some reason many people let their doors bang. I have never heard so many doors bang. Very noisy in the mornings. I don't know if it was the persons staying or if its the doors. But extremely loud. otherwise nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Nebraska
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Had made a reservation online for Easter weekend, while I am not handicapped, I was traveling with an infant so I was pleased to notice my queen room was listed as handicap accessible so I figured I would receive a downstairs room. When I arrived, the clerk looked at my child and informed me my reservation was for an upstairs room and there was no elevator. However, he then offered to switch me to a downstairs king room for an additional $5, so I did that. The room was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable, I had brought my laptop since the website said free wi-fi, it wasn't working when I got there, but when I told the night clerk she went above and beyond to get it fixed, calling the internet provider and crawling under the desk to fix it! Breakfast was pretty basic but good, I would recommend this motel for anyone looking for a basic, clean place to stay. what I liked best was the friendly staff and clean rooms, least was the inaccurate reservations.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We were in town for a baseball tournament and stayed here primarily because other hotels were booked. We were close to the fields so that was a plus and the price was ok. When we entered the hallway with our room, it smelled so bad the kids didn't really want to sleep there. The room (non smoking) smelled better), which was good or we would have left. The rooms were small and have not been upgraded. One of the things I found to be the worst was the condition of the mattress. It was not only uncomfortable but it also had many stains on the sides. I had some extra blankets in the car so we slept on top of the comforter and used our own blankets. It was very disgusting and I was really apalled that it was still being used in that condition. The room was fairly quiet in the night so at least we were able to sleep.
Breakfast served for free in the morning, but the space is so small that with the hotel being very busy, it was impossible to get to the breakfast, let alone sit there and eat.
Next time we are in town we will reserve something earlier and stay somewhere else. It definately will not be somewhere I am wililng to stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Omaha, NE
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We stayed here for 1 night, while visiting friends. We chose the hotel because of the good location and price. The room was comfortable and clean, but not great. The staff was very friendly and called the room as soon as we got in, to make sure we had everything we needed. The only major gripe we had was that we had a smoking room, but there were no ashtrays. We walked down the front desk to get one and they could not provide one. Our room was also located right next to the door outside. The sound of the door slamming woke us up several times. Regardless of the problems, we thought this hotel to be an excellent value for the price.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — no ashtrays in smoking room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)