“Maria's- needs improvement”

Add it.
Feik's 120
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Reviewed 14 August 2014

i asked the waitress what they are known for and she said there mexican dishes, i wasnt in the mood for that. I thought this place was once more of a place known for steak, so i ordered the Ribeye, and it was as ordered med-rare, and it had a good flavor. I did have an issue when I asked for mushrooms and blue cheese, the steak came out with canned mushrooms on it and a side of blue cheese dressing. The green beans tasted as bad as the canned mushrooms.
The place is decorated with antiques and old pictures of cowboys, but most of the seating is ripped up/taped over, if it wasn't for the seats the place was quaint.
The service was good, and everyone was friendly.
They need a bigger menu, with some fresh ingredients.

1  Thank Todd G

Reviewed 28 July 2014

So we were in beef country and wanted steak....reviews said this is a good steakhouse....once we found it we find they and the adjoining mexican steakhouse are NOT serving steaks...but u can have an appetizer....2 steakhouses but NOOOOOOO steaks....why would u bother....hot the fast food and get outta this town.

1  Thank hiplain1
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Apparently Feik couldn't make a go of it and sold out to Maria. They apparently kept the same steak chef, so the hamburger was actually well made, although not on the "homemade" bun that was promised. Unless, perhaps, Maria lives at the local WalMart. Avoid the Mexican menu like the plague. If you want Mexican in Chadron, then Taco Bell will give you more authentic and fresher choices (and I hate the Bell!). One positive note: The freebie chips and salsa came with actual home-made salsa which was very good. Why didn't they use it on the Mexican menu dishes? Instead we got canned enchilada sauce that was flat and flavorless.

2  Thank HonomuRick
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the outside, it's still Feik's, and locals know it by this name (had to ask, as the corner where Tripadvisor shows it is wrong!), but something has changed, I guess, it is now advertised as "Mary's Bar 120".
Service is still a little rough, but the steaks mentioned by the other reviewers are still great! Tender, cooked to order and focussed in the meat, not on spices. Corn was much better than the beans, baked potato and fries both fine, salad OK as well.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I chose to dine here due to the great reviews about their steak. I am vegetarian, but my husband was dying for a place to get a good, local steak. We were so happy with our choice! The food was excellent along with the service. My husband, who is very picky when it comes to steak, thoroughly enjoyed his entire meal. You get a ton of food for a very reasonable price. I also enjoyed the selection of beer that is available.