“only thing old was the sign and manager”
Review of Westwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Westwood Motel
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 30 June 2011

surprised by refurb of motel. flat screens, directv, new bath,& kitchenette.
@ half the price of much older chain motels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank thomashwallace

Reviewed 9 July 2010

As others have pointed out, the owner has issues. I wander why he is unfriendly and rude. Pity that he is that way because if he wasn't this place would definitely be more memorable.

Cleanliness is ok. Room is dated. Bathroom only has natural ventilation.

For the price ($100) and the offering (and service), I would recommend other places first. Only go here if it's the absolute last resort

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank traveller-bmedai
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I stayed there with my Mom and my sister. The room was OK, even though there were absolutely no amenities, and you can hear all your neighbors. The biggest problem was the owner, who was so extremely rude to us for no apparent reason. For example, he told us up front that we have to clean our room including bathroom and toilet. When we were about to leave to look for another motel, he said that we do not have to do that. We eventually stayed because it was very late at night, and we were very tired, but I would never ever stay in that place again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Anatoliy45
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed a couple of nights while visiting Yellowstone National Park in a roomy two-queen bed room with full kitchen. I had originally booked for a two queen bed room ($90) and called back to ask for a kitchen suite ($150). The kitchen suite (Room 1) turned out to be a room of its own with a single bed and a door connected it to the two queen bed room (Room 2).

As others have said, the room was spacious and clean. There was a TV with cable. There was no Internet access and I didn't bother checking with the owner to confirm.

Speaking of the owner, I can see why someone complained about the manner of the owner. If you're expecting the all-smiles warm friendly type staff, then this isn't the place for you. He is a little gruff and all business, but so what? This is a no-frills motel, but that was OK by me. When I called back a few days after making my reseveration, he was easy to work with. "I already made a reservation but want to change it. Do you have a room with a kitchen?" He said "Yes." I said, "What is the rate?" He said, "$150." I said, "Great, please change my reservation to the room with the kitchen." Very to-the-point no-frills conversation :).

The one thing I want to note... if you are tall (6' 5" or taller), then you may want to consider going somewhere else. The ceiling is very low. I am 6' 1" and I could touch the ceiling without fully extending my arm.

While I was pleased with the stay, next time, I would consider looking elsewhere for a place with Internet access. Other than for that, I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2008

We have been staying at the Westwood Motel since it was built in the mid 1900's. It is rustic but well kept and several of the housekeeping cabins have been recently remodeled. It has changed owners several times over the years. The present owner is meticulous with his housekeeping and the surrounding grounds. You won't find cleaner accommodations anywhere. We take our whole family on a 4 night stay every year which means renting 5 cabins and they all love staying there. It's an easy walk of two blocks to the main part of town which is very convenient. The owner is very friendly and takes great pride in keeping every thing clean and inviting.' There is also an open area where a boat or ATV can be parked.
W. R. Hinds, Mesquite, NV

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)