“Charming, and fewer mosquitoes”
Review of Tamaracks Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seeley Lake
Tamaracks Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Seeley Lake
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed in 2 cabins and had a very nice vacation. Seeley Lake is wonderful, and the mosquitoes on this side of the lake seemed much less intense! The beds were fine, lots of towels were available, and the place was very clean. The kayaks and rowboat were part of the deal!. All in all beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank timidtravelerUs
lakefrontcabins, Guest Relations Manager at Tamaracks Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Even though we are a little late getting back to you, we would like to take a quick minute and thank you for taking the time to review our property. It means SO much to us that you had an enjoyable time and that you are willing share your experience with others who might want to give us a try. We hope to see you again real soon!!

Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed at the Tamarack after our search for an overnight room came up empty. We had a quaint cabin that slept three of us. We arrived after the ofice was closed but they had made arrangements for our late arrival. We found the resort quiet, and LOVED the coffee beans/grinder for fresh coffee in the morning. I'd forgotten how much I like the sound of an outboard motor heading out for fishing at 7 am! (equipment rentals available at the office)
The staff was great, the sunset terrific, the cabin was cozy. I wish we had a week to stay and really enjoy the resort!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank CapnDoug

Even though we are a little late responding to you, we would like to take a quick minute and thank you for taking the time to review our property. It means SO much to us that you had an enjoyable time and that you are willing share your experience with others who might want to give us a try. We hope to see you again real soon!!

Reviewed 30 June 2009

I've been going up to Seeley Lake since I was in high school in Missoula many many years ago. Lake Seeley holds a special place in my heart, so when I decided to take a Montana vacation with my family to visit my dad and sister in Missoula I wanted us to all go do something special. I booked two nights in the Dockside cabin hoping we could get a little R&R and have some nice family time together. I'm glad I did this.

The Dockside cabin is right on the water and just steps from the dock and the little beach area. It has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, fully stocked kitchen, a dining area and a living room. The views of the lake from the living room and kitchen table are just so relaxing, I loved it.
The beds were not very comfortable and the rooms were on the small side but it wasn't a big deal we were only in them to sleep.
Right outside the cabin is a charcoal grill and a firepit and a picnic table. You have to buy your own charcoal and firewood. Firewood can be purchased through the office for $5 a bundle. We were also next to a basketball court which we used on a few occasions.

The staff at the Tamaracks were out of this world helpful, I cannot even tell you! They seriously work very hard and bend over backwards for you. The office closes at 7 or 8 PM each night so don't expect 24 hour assistance. Get your wood before they leave for the night. There are FREE DVD rentals in the office as well as FREE ice. I asked for additional blankets for one night and they had no issue giving them to me.

Kitchen has everything you need, paper towels, rags, refrigerator, stove, coffee maker (there were even coffee beans and a coffee grinder), I'm not sure if the beans are normally available or if they were leftover from another cabiner. Pots & pans, microwave, knives, silverware, dishes, wine glasses, wine bottle opener, dish soap, you name it it's probably there.

Bathroom: You are provided with towels and soap. Bring your own shampoo, conditioner and hair dryer.

About a 5-6 minute drive back to town and to the grocery store.

If you want a quick lunch go down to Lindy's Steakhouse, they serve burgers down by the water (behind the restaurant). It's outside, picnic tables & a burger stand, but it's probably the most beautiful view you'll ever have eating a burger. Also, Lindy's Steakhouse is a great place for a steak, it's a family tradition and we've been eating there for 15 + years.

I loved the Tamaracks. The only disappointments were: the price is high $250 for the Dockside...yikes. For that price they should provide some shampoo, conditioner and free firewood (it's $5 a bundle if you buy it from the office).

I plan to visit the Tamaracks again the next time I need lodging in Seeley Lake.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kimod74

Even though we are a little late in responding to you, we would like to take a quick minute and thank you for taking the time to review our property. It means SO much to us that you had an enjoyable time and that you are willing share your experience with others who might want to give us a try. We hope to see you again real soon!!

Reviewed 4 May 2009

What can I say? They had coffee beans and a grinder in the kitchen - I was hooked. The kitchen had everything needed. Pots, pans, silverware, microwave, fridge, freezor, toaster.

Beautiful quiet location, extremely nice hosts in Jeff & Sue. Comfortable,. clean, quiet, romantic.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 February 2009

We attended a wedding at the Double Arrow Resort but decided to stay at the Tamarack. We've never stayed there before and booked the Nordic Cabin. When we arrived Sue said we could look at a larger cabin because she has some openings. We chose the Dockside and it was wonderful. The kitchen was well stocked with all the cooking essentials and having the great coffee in the morning was wonderful. The gas fireplace was cozy and the enitre cabin was very clean. By the way, we were not charged for the upgrade so this was a pleasant surprise. I would highly recommend these cabins to everyone, and I'm very picky. Please enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank D.D. F

Been to Tamaracks Resort? Share your experiences!