“Very Clean and Quiet”
Review of Lupine Inn

Lupine Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I found this to be one of the true bargains of the trip. You could spend a lot in Red Lodge as it has become quite trendy in the past decade however this is one of those well run quiet and clean places that has benefited from good management.

Room Tip: Downstairs in the front was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 July 2017

the rooms were not that clean, it was extremely cheap compared to other rooms available in town but the toilet would not stop running and the noise kept us up most the night. the hot tub was cold and the pool was warm and green....

Room Tip: ask for a clean room with a working toilet or stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I booked a room at the Lupine Inn through Expedia in 2016 for September 2017. When I called to check on the reservation (July 11, 2017) the front desk agent explained that there was a new owner and that I would need to ask Expedia for a refund of my room fee and make a new payment to the current owner. There seemed to be no change in room rate. The hotel had not notified me of the change. I called Expedia and they had no record of the ownership change. The story seemed unprofessional to me, because I'd already paid for the room. What if I hadn't checked on the reservation? I wouldn't have been able to get my original payment back - it would be too late to cancel! Expedia couldn't find any other rooms in Red Lodge for that date. I decided to cancel the reservation at the Lupine Inn because I just didn't have a good feeling about the discussion with the hotel agent. I was able to add another night to my reservation at Chico Hot Springs - a place we love! (The two added hours of driving time will be well worth it!) I know from experience that making lodging reservations in and around Yellowstone National Park a year in advance is really important. I also recommend checking on reservations ahead of time, so that you aren't surprised when checking in to your hotel!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patty Y
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Usually, I'm just fine with an average hotel, especially if it has decent rates and/ or a pool. This was the worst hotel I've stayed in in ten years. First of all the "pool" is actually an oversized tub that was too cold for my children to swim in--and they will swim in almost anything. The water in the pool was low and didn't reach the filters, so not sure how clean it was. The hot tub's water level was also low and uninviting. Had the pool actually been usable, I might have been satisfied with this hotel despite other smaller issues. As it was, I feel like it was false advertising to claim there was a pool, when it was actually unusable.

Other issues included: My confirmation email said check-in was at 1pm. When we showed up at 2:45 there was a sign at the desk saying check-in wouldn't be until 3pm and that someone would be attending the desk at 2:15. He arrived at 3.

Balcony rooms are only the rooms with one King sized bed. I was hoping to have a balcony so my hubby and I could chat after the children went to bed.

The toilet in the bathroom had a leak so it continued to run unless you jiggled the handle. The grout and shower curtain were dirty. The coffee pot spewed most of the water out onto the counter. The old bright carpets in the hall were fun, but then please update the wall color away from institutional yellow. It all just looked run-down. The rate I paid was about twice what I would have expected for this quality of hotel.

On the plus side, umm, we had internet, we slept well, waffles were good and we were happy to get an early start out of there in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I should've known on a Friday night when only 3 vehicles were in the parking lot. We stayed in room 109 with a nasty smelling shower curtain, and leaky faucet. I would compare this to a run down Motel 6.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family