“two days in July”
Review of Lupine Inn

Lupine Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed 23 July 2015

At one time this was probably a very nice and safe place to stay not so much any more.
The door labelled the middle door has string on it to pull it open and the latch does not secure the door. The breakfast room is one of the worst I have ever seen. The cups for coffee, juice, and milk are "demi tasse" size and there was no water on the breakfast counter. The waffle batter was diluted had the consistency of cream instead of the batter that is normally associated with the "flip flop waffle maker" and the non stick spray was a different spray from what you normally see with the flip flop waffle maker. Cereal dispenser used plastic ladles to put cereal in the bowl. Not only is this not as hygenic as the usual turn the knob dispenser but it is definitely messier. The bread on the first day I was there was all crusts (or ends) the second day there were regular slices of bread. The room has plaster off the walls lying on the carpet under the sink. The bathtub was chipped, the hairdryer didn't work, I took it to the owner he took it from me. I expected that he would put it back in the room when he fixed it. As of the time of my checkout it had not been replaced. There were no soap dishes to put the bars of soap in,,,I had to use the soap wrapper. Went to do my laundry and the dryer had a note on it that it was under maintainence. Told the owner about this and asked him if it worked which of course it didn't. Then I asked where the laundromat was. He wanted to know why and I told him I couldn't do my laundry at his place because there was no place to dry my clothes. He said he would dry them, I figured maybe he was going to give me a break...I was wrong he charged me $2.00 which was .75 cents more than what the normal dryer cost would be if it was working. The top socket in the plug near the window does not work, if you were charging a device it wouldn't work. The fan in the bathroom is extremely noisy and lastly there is some type of stain in one of the chairs.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank ghls

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

It's obviously an older building, but I didn't expect to be so disappointed. The towels are stained as well as the bedsheets. The hairdryer was broken and the A/C looked like it was ripped out of the wall a little bit. There were certain items not provided in the room that should have been. Breakfast is provided, but extremely limited in choices. The maid service was nowhere to be seen even though we requested our room to be serviced. Also, an exit door doesnt have a door handle; instead, there are strings you pull on to open it. It's an ok place to stay for a night or two, but personally I think the prices are too high for the quality.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 16 July 2015

When I asked around 4 pm (1 hr after check-in) why there was no hot water in my room, I was told to let the water run 10-15 for it to get hot. Several other attempts at varying times produced no hot water even after running the water for up to 30 min. Subsequent attempts to complain in person found no one at the front desk. Attempts to call the front desk ended up connecting to guest rooms instead. When I complained to Expedia (since room was booked & paid for thru that comapny), I was told the manager would have to approve a refund on the room. The manager rudely and belligerently refused over the phone, which was true to form with his in-person behaviour. Expedia's refusal to provide a refund tells me that the company is in collusion with management to provide overpriced ($141/nite), substandard accommodations.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We stayed for one night. From desk person was very nice and friendly.

Rooms are a little dated and needed a good cleaning. Towels had an odor. Had to ask for toilet paper.

Very close to downtown area.

Room Tip: quiet motel, but like I said, not the cleanest
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

I would not stay here again, unless I was absolutely desperate. The guy at the desk upon arrival was very friendly and nice. The positive notes for our stay end there, at the front desk at check in. Room was very antiquated-- not even in a retro cool kind of way. Like Motel 6 hand me down type antiquated.. Did have a somewhat decent 2 burner stove, however, no dishes or cookware, no fridge... But we hadn't planned on cooking in the room anyhow. The room AC unit did not work, but they did have a brand new portable stand alone Air Conditioner in the room. It did not work very well though. Hot water.. Spotty at best. My girlfriend took a freezing cold shower. I lucked out and got a decently warm-hot shower, after only getting a barely lukewarm shower the night before. Cleanliness? Should I go there? Should I mention the dried mysterious pink "substance" on the lower edge of bed, mattress, and edge of night stand? I'm from New Orleans and have seen enough dried, drunken vomit to make a safe assumption as to what it was. Bathroom was clean, best I could tell, sheets on bed were clean, best I could tell. We only spent one night, and honestly. If I had more than one night planned, I would've cancelled the rest and found other accommodations.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple