“Mediocre and overpriced food”
Review of Sir Scott's Oasis

Sir Scott's Oasis
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Manhattan
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I attended a work function here as a plus one. There was a group of about twenty of us seated for the first time slot.

Our drink orders were routinely mixed up or not made to order. Dewars was the highest quality whiskey (no bourbon or scotch!?!). Another guest's Sex on the Beach came with no alcohol. The bartenders may have been busy, but the establishment shouldn't book parties of our size if they can't handle it.

Expectations were not high for the salad at a steakhouse. Ended pouring a tablespoon of water from the soggy salad. Not great.

Ordered the steak and scallop combination for the main course. Scallops were heavily battered and probably not a full 8 Oz before being deep fried. Should have gone with the lobster tail on this one. Steak was properly cooked, but the meat was incredibly tough - couldn't even cut through it with a steak knife. Didn't end up taking it home.

Perhaps the experience was poor because of the size of our party. As mentioned earlier, it's up to the establishment to uphold the quality if accepting a party of our numbers. I can't justify recommending the place.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

After reading the mixed reviews, we stopped for dinner with no reservations. It was a Tuesday evening, so there was no waiting. Nice veggie tray. I had the steak salad, done to my specifications and very tender. Big salad. My husband had the prime rib, it was cooked to his liking. The Au jus is more like a gravy. Good food, and plenty of it. Prices good. Nothing outstanding. Wait staff pleasant enough.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Be hungry for steaks and prime rib, very large serving of beef and sides a good number of beer taps plus full service bar. If sometime not right they will make it right

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

He came here years ago, and we went out of our way so he could tre at me. The parking lot and the lot across the street was full. We dis nmot have reservations, but they seated us in about 10 minutes. There was a fresh veggie tray and crackers on the table. The menu had both extensive steaks and seafood selection and a full bar.
However, they offered one soup that was not gluten free and the salad was only lettuce. It took over an hour to get our steaks. Hubby had a 4 inch chunk of fat on his. Mine had a two inch chunk. They were flavorful, however. The waitress put bread on my plate, by the steak. After waiting that long, we did not have time to send it back. The meal did come with ice cream or sherbert.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Only 2 of the 8 meals weren't done right. My sister in laws steak was way under cooked, my Father in Law's oysters were burnt. Service was great, rest of the meals were very good. They did remove the oysters from the bill to make it right.