“Lovely Mexican Restaurant in the city”
Review of El Rancho Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Rancho Mexican Restaurant
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We looked for a dinner place near our VRBO, and our Mexican food low light is always on so we found El Rancho. Great little family run place, free flowing chips and salsa is always a good beginning. We order combinations and everything was fresh and delicious. My daughter wanted sopapillas for dessert but unfortunately didn't order the traditional ones, so she got deep fried flour tortillas with toppings. Other than that (never heard of those being considered 'sopapillas'!, I guess the 'fluffy' ones might have been what she wanted.)
Anyhow, it was a wonderful dinner and we would highly recommend it!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Little family run place. Good food and very nice people. We enjoyed our lunch (Carne Asada tacos and Veggie Mexi Bowl). When we went to leave, the power steering hose on our truck blew. They helped direct us to a nearby auto parts store and gave me free iced tea and a cool place to be while I waited for my husband to return. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Over priced, small portions. My wife's chili relleno was very greasy and over cooked. My enchiladas were good but small.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This restaurant is owned by a local mexican family. To my knowledge it is still the matriarch of the family making the beans from scratch and pounding out the tortillas in the back. Great food, great services

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Family owned, friendly staff, good food! Nice Mexican music and decor! We had chicken supreme burrito and chicken mexi-bowl. It was a nice change to go to a Mexican restaurant and eat food that actually tasted like Mexican food!