“A gem in disguise”

Charlie Wongs Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 181 Restaurants in Kalispell
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We went there for the first time on Sat. night. They open for dinner at 4:30 and we got there at 4:45 and it was almost full. A lot of the business is take out - I counted 12 take out orders (we sat near the door) in an hour. Lots of choices here, but I had combination dinner C which was the Kung Pao Chicken with sweet sour wontons with cup of hot sour soap, 2 egg rolls, Asian salad. My husband had the curried scallops dinner - both took home boxes. Good food, but the building needs some TLC and updating.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

By the looks of the place on the outside, and in some respect the inside, one could choose not to dine here. However, if you ignore the looks and feel of the place you might be surprised. We were. A bunch of locals frequent this place and consider this a good lunch and dinner options. The food was quite tasty in which they are generous with the portions. The server was responsive and made sure our party was checked on frequently. We had the Vietnamese vermicelli, vegetarian egg roll, and Mongolian Beef dishes. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

The only good thing about this place was that the waiter was friendly. Food and atmosphere were terrible. The water glasses were dirty and apparently they think twangy redneck country music enhances the Chinese atmosphere. Our group ordered a variety of food which was uniformly bland and tasteless, except for one chicken dish that was supposed to be spicy. It wasn't at all spicy but it did have a faint burnt taste, which is more than I can say for everything else. The soup was particularly gross; it had a glue-like texture that makes me think it was mostly flour and water. Beware!

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Two friends who live in Kalispell and I had lunch here. My friends eat here often and really like the food, especially the vermicelli which they both ordered. I had the chicken chowmein. I guess that there are many different ways to prepare this item but I did not care for the chicken chowmein at all. The restaurant was crowded at lunch time which meant that the locals seemed to like the way the food was prepared so maybe my meal was an aberration

Our service was very prompt and efficient.

The restaurant is on the dirty side which made me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen and its food handling techniques.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Today I ordered lunch to go for me and a friend. It had been a while since we had eaten there .We had the same thing the Evergreen Combo which consists of
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Combination Rice
Chicken Chow Mein

All three dishes very dry. The combination rice was bland, the Chicken Chow Mein had no sauce it was too dry and the Sweet and Sour chicken was dry.

Use to love this special but will not order again.