Wow. We visited from San Francisco for my 30th birthday. Not only was Honey's Place charming, but also had some modern comforts tucked away when needed (such as wifi and very comfortable beds).
After my experience with Steve as our host, I cannot see myself paying for a hotel ever again. He was warm and welcoming but never intrusive, always available when we wanted some local pointers. Thanks to Steve, we had a true Kalispell experience and avoided tourist traps, instead getting to see first hand what the locals love about their home.
RecommliquorHoney Dog - the sweetest animal I've ever met, always poking her nose in to love on you when you get home as though you're a part of the family.
* Jewel Basin - Steve introduced us to this hiking trail. This is the local's trail, and I won't spoil the surprise with photos. Suffice to say it was breathtaking.
* Moose's - pizza place full of regulars and locals, good food and beer. People carve their names or small messages in the walls and tables so be sure to bring a pocket knife!
* White Water Rafting with Wild River Rafting Co. (kids can do this too!) - wow. New hobby for the city guy. Highly recommend.
* Glacier Distillery - local liquors for sampling and purchase. We actually met the significant other of a cowboy that was pictured on one of the bottles!
* Zip Lining with Glacier Zip Lines. First time, but would definitely do again.
* Going To The Sun Road - words do no justice. Just do it. Waterfalls, wildlife, mountains, and glaciers await.
* Fire Pit at Honey's Place - it's a fire pit, what's not to love? (we don't have those in San Francisco)
We wouldn't have found any of this without Steve. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for our next trip to Montana!
We had an amazing time at Honey's Place! The location is superb for all the cross country skiing and snowshoeing and close enough to several cities for lots of other things to do. The bed is the most comfortable rental we have ever slept in, the hot tub overlooking the mountains was amazing, and Steve clearly put lots of thought into all the details and decor. We came here to heal after a significant loss, and the beauty and amenities helped us do just that. Also, all our dogs loved it and had a blast.
Honey's place was just what I needed after a few bumpy days on the road. Steve left the light on for me, as I was arriving after dark, and even had a bottle of wine waiting on the kitchen table. The inside of the barn has been completely remodeled and manages to have a touch of luxury without spoiling the charm. It is close to Whitefish and the West entrance to Glacier National Park, but if you want to stay home for a meal in the kitchen is fully equipped and you won't be disappointed with the 360* views. Even with all of these amazing aspects, I'd have to say that one of my favorites were the hosts. Miss Honey greats you every morning with a smile and a friendly wiggle of her tail; and Steve was more than helpful offering me directions to local hiking areas, giving advice on the local watering holes and providing me with bear spray to keep me safe. I will definitely be heading back to visit as soon as possible.
We booked Honey's Place last minute and couldn't have enjoyed it more! Steve is a wonderful and gracious host. The cabin is secluded and private yet close to groceries, amenities etc. The cabin has absolutely everything you need, including an amazing hot tub with gorgeous views! The beds are extremely comfortable, one night I slept 12 hours straight! Steve's sweet border collie Honey is adorable and will be there to greet you! We highly recommend Honey's Cabin for a family or romantic getaway.
We stayed at Honey's Place for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have picked a better place! It was the perfect getaway, isolated by fields with mountains in the back drop. It was also conveniently close to groceries and downtown Kalispell, and an easy drive to Whitefish Mountain! The barn was wonderful and fully equipped with linens and towels to a full kitchen to cook in! We really enjoyed the private hot tub behind the barn! We fully enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back!