Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,634 results
All reviews no shoes japanese restaurant villa suite water bar our honeymoon man friday sea restaurant marine biologist robinson crusoe six senses fish sun deck wine cellar barefoot luxury the resort manager dolphin cruise boat traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2021

Gili Lakanfushi is widely considered to be one of - if not the - top resorts in The Maldives. One of the things which drew me towards this property is its status as one of the most eco-friendly Maldivian resorts, and its focus on luxury wellness.

Resorts in the Maldives seem to go one of two ways: eco-luxe or modern and lavish. Gili Lakanfushi sits firmly in the former camp, which was a big pro for me. When I’m in The Maldives, I like to feel as though I’m as far removed from civilization as possible! The rustic glamor of Gili Lankanfushi was exactly what I was craving when I jetted off - it was the perfect antidote to my hectic hometown of Miami.

One of the things I loved the most about Gili Lakanfushi was that the higher-end overwater villas were only accessible by boat!

Another highlight was the spa and the wellness journey packages that were so thoughtfully put together. Gili Lakanfushi does a lot more than just pay lip service to wellness - it integrates it into every part of the island experience. If you can, I highly recommend opting for the 7-day Meera Rejuvenating Stress package whereby you get to enjoy daily tailored treatments that will leave you feeling like a whole new person at the end of the week.

In terms of wining and dining, I highly recommend a visit to the dreamy Overwater Bar. It’s the perfect place to grab a light and healthy lunch or some exquisite cocktails at sunset, which are made all the sweeter by the panoramic ocean views. On Sundays, the Overwater Bar serves Indian food and as a self-confessed spice addict, this was right up my street.

Finally, I must mention the stellar service. Each party has a ‘Mr. Friday’ butler to take care of their every need, and trust me when I say nothing is too much trouble for these guys. Gili Lakanfushi really sets a new standard for thoughtful service. Thank you for an unforgettable stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
Nicolas K, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Isabela Garofanelli,
Thank you for such a charming review of your recent stay at Gili Lankanfushi.
There are many factors of a stay that contribute to it being a success, and I am glad to see that they all met your expectations - From the delicious food, to your journey at Meera Spa, to the breathtaking views and natural surroundings.
The overwater Bar, comes alive twice a week for the “Passage through Indian Tandoor” and “Maldivian Fisherman’s Grill” dinner theme nights. With fresh naan, tandoori meats, and more, The Indian theme night is surely a guest favorite; I’m glad to hear it made your list of highlights. As you rightly mention it is also the ideal spot to watch the sunset with a cocktail in hand. For those seeking extra privacy or an extra special evening, the castaway experience offers the chance to watch the sun go down, while you float on a platform above the lagoon.
Another great place to watch the sunset is form the comfort of your private deck in the villa; be it one of the iconic Crusoe villas, which is completely detached from the island, or from a villa with pool. I am glad to see that you really enjoyed the villa set up.
Naturally what brings everything together is the service and care of the Gili team, and I am thankful you were able to feel the full extent of our hospitality.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for more Gili stories.

Reviewed 5 May 2021

There is the 5 star resort/hotel service and then there is the Gili-Lankanfushi service. Not to sound arrogant, but my wife and I travel the world and have stayed at many 5 star hotels/resorts around the world and we have never experienced such delightful service as what we have received last week. From our Mr. Friday, Alif, to Rohan the sommelier, to Siyan, Ziyan and all the way to the General manager Nicolas, they have made us feel like royalty while keeping their distance to respect our privacy. They have found the perfect balance. Alif, our Mr Friday was extraordinary. Always on the lookout for us and he seemed to always know what we needed. We have never been pampered that much and I feel guilty to sat that it felt great. We usually are ready to go home after a week long holiday but this is THE vacation and THE destination we did not to leave. I would highly recommend all future visitors to request Alif (not that the other Mr and Mrs Friday are not good). He is just simply the best. Food was also divine. Fresh caught Tuna was served daily among many other local fish. If you are a snorkeling and diving fan, I would highly recommend swimming around the edge of the drop off near 1 palm island. I was very hesitant because of the sharks but they actually did not bother us and we saw a bounty of marine life. I can go on and on about Gili and how wonderful the staff and the resort is but for me and my wife to say that we cannot wait to go back says it all. We rarely go back to the same spots as there are so many places in the world to visit but Gili is that special place that makes you want to come back. I hope this review was helpful to those of you planning your first trip to the Maldives.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Stacy R,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Gili Lankanfushi.
Thank you also for choosing to trust us with your holiday – your comments are truly humbling.
A trip to the Maldives is almost incomplete without seeing what the pristine waters have to offer; from a guided snorkeling trip with the resident Marine Biologist, to a diving excursion, to a sunrise fishing experience. It is wonderful that you were able to explore the marine life around One Palm Island, which as you mention can be quite diverse and numerous.
It goes without saying that the catalyst for all of this, is the warm and authentic service of the team, and I am overjoyed to see you highlight so many of them. From your Mr. Friday Alif, to Siyan and Ziyan in Food & Beverage, to the Sommelier, Rohan. They all play their role in ensuring each guest is well taken care of, and I am delighted to see that they have left such an impression on your visit.
Thank you once again for your strong recommendation of this “special place”. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, for the next chapter in your Gili story.

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

I arrived grumpy from the airport and my mood changed instantly breakfast was a delight and then the enduring thought was “the kindness of strangers” who during my two weeks day became my friends what a wonderful time I had that’s all I need to say
The place has really grown on us
Normally I would write a comment on the special staff but truly on this occasion they all were a fantastic team, specially Fiyaz,Riyaz ,Azuleem, Nicolas, Amjadh, Rohan, Niang, Ruban, Siyan, Hari, Athfa, Thasleem, Farreh.

Dear Marua,
Thank you for your review of Gili Lankanfushi.
The short 20-minute speed boat ride from the airport, means guests are on the resort in no-time after their long international flight. From the moment you reach the boat, we make every effort to transition you into holiday mode. From inviting you to remove your shoes and embrace our “No shoes, no news” philosophy, to conducting your check-in in the comfort of your own villa.
It is heartwarming to see that you were able to connect with so many of the hosts. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of them, as well as the team at-large. Afterall the cornerstone of a positive Gili experience rests in the care and attention provided by the Gili hosts, from the restaurant, to the dive center, and from boat crew to the Spa therapists.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future, for the next chapter in your Gili story.

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

I have been traveling to Maldives over the last 30 years, and this hidden and boutique place is one of my favorite resort for love birds looking for magic, attention & privacy. We have been taking care from our arrival to departure, and the team led by our Mister Friday Makif has exceed our expectations all the time. I strongly recommend for the ones that want to live a maldivian dream. The watervillas at the Lagune are stunning and the service and love to Details are impressive. The cherry on top was the creativity, friendliness and support of the executive chef Hari. The whole team is perfectly trained and makes your stay special. We will come back for sure

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicolas K, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Dear martinadN6917BS,
Thank you for sharing this complimentary review of your stay Gili Lankanfushi.
Having travelled to the Maldives over the past 30 years, your feedback is truly much appreciated by our team.
We are delighted to know that you had a magical stay with us and our hosts were able to exceed your expectations through their passion, attention to detail, creativity and friendliness.
We look forward to welcome you back for another Maldivian dream.

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

You don’t need to source further for your Maldives vacation – Gili Lankanfushi is the answer! What can I say, this was our 2nd visit to Gili Lankanfushi (first visit in 2017) and the island is still amazing. This was our second week after a previous week in Soneva Fushi.

From the airport arrival to the departure, everything was smooth and perfect. As many others stated, the boat ride was a short and nice 20-minute ride. This is a big advantage of this island specially for those who are having a long travel and didn't want to lose any additional time transferring.

We were not disappointed with Gili Lankanfushi as the island is even more beautiful after our last visit 4 years ago. It has beautiful flora and fauna and the gardeners work tirelessly to make sure it stays a perfect paradise of wonderful colour and exotic species.

The water villas are so amazing. We stayed in Crusoe 4, which I highly recommend. It is extremely spacious and comfortable, with all conveniences which you would expect from a 5* resort.

We had Zubba, our Friday, who gave us a very personal and professional service with a smile at all times. He really looked after all our needs during our stay, booking massage in the Spa, water sports, snorkelling, excursions etc. Nothing was too small or too big of an ask and you can see that he was never annoyed by any requests.

The restaurants were all great and so was the service. The chefs would come out and talk to you to make sure everything was made to your liking and the servers were great to us. Just a shout out to the superb service of the executive sous chef Ruben. He was always receptive to making dishes with a positive attitude even if they were not on the menu. There’s one night that we were lazy to go out, he recommended that we try the chateaubriand in our Villa, and it didn’t disappoint us. Ruben is such a great asset to your wonderful team. Such a wonderful personality and always coming by to say hi whenever we were in the restaurants. We’ve never encountered a chef like him before. Truly the most genuine staff we’ve encountered. We miss his authentic carbonara with eggs and pecorino cheese that he thought my husband how to cook on a Mediterranean buffet theme.

Lastly, thank you for great leadership of the general manager Nicolas. He was everywhere and on top of things with his welcoming smile and presence. Never have we seen a general manager so approachable and visible all throughout our stay.

Overall I would highly recommend this resort. It was exactly what we were looking for - very relaxing, lots of sunbathing, snorkeling, great food and drink, with superb service.

Date of stay: February 2021