Comfort Inn University(Missoula)(Great Value!)
USD 214
USD 194
USD 160
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 187/night.

Bel Aire Motel(Missoula)
USD 93
USD 148
USD 138
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 193/night.

USD 82
All reviewsblackfoot riverchuckwagon dinnercattle drivehorseback ridingfly fishingkids campghost townchuck wagonmaster chefclay shootingwhite water raftingaerial adventuremeal plandining paviliondog sleddingspa treatmentsfloat trip
Reviewed 3 November 2017

My husband, daughter & I stayed at Paws Up in September for 3 nights - during the worst of the wildfires, but as we were visiting from Ireland; and had a set itinerary, we went ahead with our stay (& were lucky that the smoke cleared for our stay). We were 'upgraded' to North Camp, which is the new development.......but after our arrival, it appeared to us that it was more a case of easy management of guests, while the resort was at less than 20% occupancy.

The tents themselves were beautiful - very comfortable, clean and finished to a high standard. The pavilion was well designed; and again well finished - but this was over-shadowed by complete filth - inside and out. For the duration of our stay - tables were left un-cleaned, dead flowers in vases, cobwebs and dust everywhere. Staff talked much of being given time off due to low occupancy - which would have been better spent cleaning. The veranda, seating & tables outside were so bad, that we used baby wipes to clean surfaces before using them.

We were told of being 'assigned our own butler' which in effect were locals students; and only saw the same one twice. Although all lovely; and very helpful, none of them were trained in hospitality, were unable to answer many of our questions and had to revert via the internet for resolution. Due to the lack of continuity, issues were not resolved, for example a broken base on the cot provided for our daughter.

As with many of the other reviews, the tipping culture is grotesque - and not merited. Fees are exceptionally high for what you get, so it really adds insult to injury. That said, our guides for our activities were excellent (cattle wrangling & clay pigeon shooting) and deserve credit.

The children's facilities were extremely poor - not maintained and again dirty.....for the ones that were open / available.

To conclude, Paws Up is far from a 5-star experience. Having travelled extensively in Africa (& my husband coming from there) - a luxury and CLEAN experience in a hot dusty environment is easily achievable! Furthermore staff should be trained & at the top of their game, to be able to deliver on the claims (& pricing) made by Paws Up. Customer service is very poor - our concluding example is that management have subsequently criticised us for not raising our concerns at the time, but only after we left the resort. Management staff ate at our camp every evening we were in residence - it's therefore even more astonishing that we had to complain & highlight the problems.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
16  Thank anniegcoleman
Steve H, General Manager at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear anniegcoleman,

First allow me to apologize that we struggled through some incredible wild fires this past late summer; truly impacted our state in incredible ways and the losses of some beautiful forests broke our hearts.

Resorts everywhere provide upgrades to guests for many reasons, including as you mentioned. You certainly had the option to decline the upgrade but bringing you into our newest and exciting North Bank is a fantastic upgrade.

I am new to the property and started after your stay, but will engage our entire team in conversation about he challenges you experienced and be sure to improve this for the future. We care deeply about the experience of our guests and apologize that you had any other impression.

I hope you will consider a return trip to see how we can grow, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you at any time.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The 4-nights my wife and I spent at the Resort at Paws Up left us spoiled and planning our return.  We stayed from 10/19/17 to 10/23/17 for the resort's "AdrenZen" events (a weekend full of wellness and adventure for the mind, body, and soul).
The professionalism of the staff was sublime. From the driver who waited for us at the airport to the young man who talked us through our rappel down a 150-foot cliff, it was obvious that the resort guests were always front and center.
The AdrenZen events included yoga, fitness, and real good food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).  Breakfast started at 7 but the staff accommodated our early start and brought room (cabin) service to our cabin at 6:30.
Alison Lewis basically ran the show for the AdrenZen weekend and her commitment to the guests was nothing short of angelic.
The cabins are gorgeous, and they come with working fireplaces (we're from Florida) and a little Kia to drive around the HUGE property (you can also call the front desk for a ride).
The entire destination is magnificent, fun, wild, romantic, serene and just awesome.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edgar V
Steve H, General Manager at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Edgar V,

Thank you for this incredible review and for coming to experience AdrenZen! We take pride in sharing our amazing property and team with our guests and we are always thrilled when we provide memorable experiences for our guests. We hope to see you again for another AdrenZen or one of our many inspiring or culinary driven events!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The Resort at Paws up is probably the best place I have been to. They resort has all of the amenities any one could want. The activities list is huge. The view and the accommodations are amazing!! I have not received customer service or hospitality on the level that I receive here. Every single person is happy and they go out of their way to make sure you are too. I wish I could name all the people, but suffice it to say every single employee was amazing!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but if you go in the summer, you definitely want a tent and to be clamping!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Rich B
Steve H, General Manager at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Rich,

Thank you for this fantastic review! We are always pleased when we see that our guests had an amazing experience and that we could play a role in helping people enjoy Montana and the region we proudly call home. Reviews and experiences like yours are why we do what we do...thank you and I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this trip as a belated birthday gift/celebration for my husband’s 50th. I can’t say enough good thing things about the resort, people, event, food, and Montana in general.

From Lori, who picked us up at the airport, Drew who gave us apples & carrots to feed the horses, Morgan & Matthew who helped with the reservation and booking all the fun activities, all of the chefs, sous chef’s and wait staff making sure we were well fed and wanted for nothing. The fun activities. The great food.

Our cabin was A-MAZING! Beautiful, clean and not a bad view from any window. Our bed was comfortable - I slept better than I do in my own bed. Matthew had helped me pre arrange to have a red velvet birthday cake in the cabin upon our arrival (my husbands favorite).

We met so many other nice couples while we were there. We are already talking about our next visit and when that will be. All I know is it won’t be soon enough.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisaQ1477NV

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for staying with us and for this wonderful review. I am so happy that you found our accommodations to be what you had hoped and more, but even more important to us is that you found our kind and thoughtful team! We love hosting people and showing a little of what Montana is all about. We can't wait to provide an even better experience next time!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

You have to go here, seriously if you are looking at TripAdvisor for reviews of the resort don't even waste your time and just book it.

This was our second time in 6 months to Paws up because we loved it so much, yes it's very very expensive but it's well worth it. The food is amazing, Chef Ben does a superb job with his kitchen and menu and be sure to come hungry.

The actual cabins are awesome with true attention to detail and excellent staff. The activities are all amazing. In the winter we did snowmobiling, dog sledding, shooting and the sleigh ride and we had an awesome time. We for sure will be back as this is the hotel we talk about at least once a month!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcash1011

Dear JCash,

Thank you for staying with us and your review! Clearly you found the full Paws Up Experience while you were here and fell in love with what made so many of our staff make this our home; we love Montana and sharing it with people from all over the world.

We look forward to your return stay, and while we may not be able to beat a six star experience, we certainly will try!