All reviews piano pat rubber duck hotel pool an experience not to be missed upper level wired access mermaid bar indoor parking decided to give it a try no substitutions downtown motel an older hotel rooms are small clean comfortable rooms downtown great falls hotel experience comfortable place to stay
Reviewed 14 July 2017

If you happen to love retro and fun at the same time O'Haire Motor Inn is for you.Staff from the time of booking are fast, efficient, and very friendly.Our retro room was very clean and cool boosting a massive comfy bed with crisp linens.Oh, I need to mention mirrors on the ceiling of the bed (no kidding). Super convenient location with the underground parking.We loved the on site Sip and Dip Lounge and those Mermaids were awesome with plenty of photo ops. Really enjoyed playing the retro casino games as well . Get your ducks in a row and visit the famous O'Haire Motor Inn you will love it!

Room Tip: Budget more time to explore this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Madison S
ohairemanager, General Manager at O'Haire Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Lol! I may use that line as my next advertising campaign! It's brilliant! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

If the traveler wants to explore a lodging experience from another era, at a fair price for this era, the O'Haire Motor Inn is a very good choice. If the traveler wants to experience something different, while still relaxing, the O'Haire Motor Inn works for that too. (It is not a $200 room at $70 price. Example of "charm": No towel holder at the sink.)

A hotel built with a interior parking ramp on a city block? Yep. Mermaids? Yep.Unfortunately, at our early check in, we were told we missed the mermaid, swimming at the hotel pool (through an underwater viewing window in the hotel's cute Tiki Bar).

Are mermaids working? I'm told this bar is totally packed regularly. In central MT, no less. I guess the rugged MT cowboys have a gay, softer side, and just can't resist a mermaid. Or the idea of a mermaid underwater, through a bar window. Or sharing the company of rugged cowboys and mermaids. (Heck, I'm just glad someone thought of this idea and put it in MT for a change.)

The only "bad" vibe of the hotel experience was at check-in; the desk clerk clearly didn't want to work there.

I got desensitized to it though. This surly desk-clerk seemed to be a common thread through most of MT, ND, SD. Why, I wonder? The advertisements of CASINOS! CASINOS WITH LIQUOR STORES! AND MORE CASINOS! ... were a huge turn-off for me in this region; I clearly didn't want to be there anymore either. Is the "Heartland" really so brainwashed with the casino thing?) Are not trailers, propane tanks, 40mph wind, and junk cars in your yard the key to happiness???

The town at sunset, just outside the door, was adorable and quiet. The city traffic lights blinked silently for deserted streets. Cool. I wish we allocated more time to walk around. (Next A.M., I was surprised to see anystreet USA south of town, with all the usual mega-franchises. Ugh.)

I would detour my future trip just to repeat this hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor worked good for me, a top-floor kind of person.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and more importantly thank you for staying with us! Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This place is an older hotel but is in good shape. The rooms are small but inexpensive and you get a small rubber duck on your bath tub. You get a great breakfast with your room. The Sip n Dip lounge is a fun place to hang out. The mermaids don't swim on Sunday's.

Room Tip: There are only 68 rooms and they are smaller.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sherri N

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business very much! If your duck is traveling with you, please take pictures of him in your travels and post to our Facebook page! Safe travels to you!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Our checkin was fast and friendly. Our room was small which was no big deal for us. It was cute, clean, quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed visiting the Sip nDip bar adjacent to hotel. Very convenient! The bed was comfortable, nice shower and fridge. We will definitely stay here again while visiting GF.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jill W
ohairemanager, General Manager at O'Haire Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you!! We appreciate your business and do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

This became a destination for us when we decided to tour the High Line this past weekend and was the kick off city. We had heard so much about this motor Inn and the Sip and Dip Lounge that we just had to make this our destination! It starts with finding out they have covered parking, which is HUGE plus in Montana! The lobby is clean and the desk staff are over the top friendly and helpful. Our room was retro 60's , as we expected, and came with an added bonus of a rubber duck in the bathroom! The room was practically soundproof and the the bed is quite comfortable. The restaurant is much smaller than you would expect but most people don't stay long and others have their meal in the Sip and Dip. I highly recommend the O'Haire and, at $85 a night, it's a wonderful bargain! Sip and Dip review will be separate, as it deserves more than just a passing mention.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deb L
ohairemanager, General Manager at O'Haire Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you so much for your business and for the nice review!! We appreciate it so much! Travel safe wherever you go!