El Western Cabins & Lodges
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful groundsin towncozy logmadison valleyfishold westplace to stayminute drivekrislawnspropertymountainsduplexesofficewildlifelogsunit
Reviewed 13 July 2016

We love this resort. Rooms are immaculate and well stocked with all you need. The owners and staff are very gracious and accommodating. The lodges are very private with wonderful views. We look forward to our annual vacation in the beautiful Madison Valley.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BelleSolo
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This was our second visit to the El Western. These are duplex cabins, small kitchen, small sitting area, large bathroom and a large bedroom. It was great for my husband and me. Location is wonderful. Can be a bit noisy because it's right on a busy highway, right outside of the town of Ennis. Cabins are spotless and super cute. Knotty pine throughout. Ours was on the river but you don't have a view of the river from the cabin. The river is behind the cabin but you can hear the water if you keep the windows open. Kitchen is big enough to cook but we only did light breakfast and coffee. Bed were ok. I am a bit of a princess when it comes to sleeping so I prefer softer mattresses with memory foam. These were basic mattresses. Nothing fancy. The grounds of this lodge are immaculate! Gorgeous lawns and flowers everywhere. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rena0109
Reviewed 29 June 2016

The place was as many described but unfortunately for me it was warm the day I arrived. The cabins don't have A/C and it was hot and miserable inside. I could have put up with that for a few hours until it cooled down later that night. What I really didn't like was that the free WiFi wasn't working. The staff was trying to tell me it was working fine, like I didn't know what I was talking about. I am a Network Engineer and I have to make contact with employees and customers even when on vacation. I had no cell data service in that area at all. I started to tell the lady at the front desk if she knows more than I do about WiFi she needs to change professions, but I kept my mouth shut.

I checked out and was unable to find a decent place to stay in the area so we (me, the wife, and two 13 years old girls) had to suck it up and ask for the room back. They had a few fans running but it was still very stuffy for hours.

This is probably a great place to stay in the winter on fishing trip, but it is not for me.

I just saw an older review where they tossed someones $90 toothbrush in the trash that was left behind. It was company policy, I could see them doing that. They know best, and they certainly know more than some lowly customer.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith W
ewemt, Owner at El Western Cabins & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Indeed we were having significant difficulties with our internet for a 24-48 hour period which we attempted to resolve. We learned shortly after your departure that it was a widespread but intermittent problem in the area, possibly also related to the lack of cell signal, which is usually very good in our location.

Air conditioning is not common in our area because it is so rarely needed at our elevation. Fans are provided and our guests can enjoy the fresh mountain air and evening temperatures in the low 50’s.

We are always disappointed when we don't meet the expectations of our guests, especially when it is beyond our control. We hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We spent just one night here, but what a comfortable night it was. We chose El Western after hearing from friends who are related to the owners. Of course their recommendations were good, but our experience exceeded even the great expectations we had.

Kris, one of the owners, was a pleasure to deal with both before, during, and after our visit. We arrived in the late afternoon after a morning in Yellowstone and were delighted to be welcomed by Kris and her golden retriever. El Western spans a main road but was completely peaceful, thanks to the cozy cabins and creek on the property. The cabins had everything we could have needed or wanted: comfortable bed, kitchen, ample workspace in the front/dining room, and a well-appointed bathroom. There were excellent heaters in the rooms.

We were fortunate to stay in a cabin adjacent to the creek and water wheel. We saw rabbits and deer outside and heard owls and various other birds but unfortunately missed seeing the moose that was browsing around.

Kris was extremely helpful, offering us excellent dining recommendations for both Ennis and Bozeman (our destination for the following night). We were so close to Yellowstone that we ended up returning there after we checked out of El Western in the morning.

We are California suburbanites but felt completely at home at El Western and would love to go back.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are lovely, but if you get one by the creek it's an extra treat!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
ewemt, Owner at El Western Cabins & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Thank you for your descriptive and detailed review! Being classified as "specialty lodging" in TripAdvisor can make travelers wonder exactly what to expect. We are so glad you enjoyed our little piece of Montana and it was a pleasure to meet you both.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The resort is a must visit on your way through to Yellowstone or on your way back. The lawns are the best in the valley and the employees are some of the best in the industry. It is very affordable and is pet friendly.

Room Tip: The creekside cabins are great!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo