All reviews duplex cabin northeast entrance the owner beartooth highway lamar valley a great place to stay satellite tv visit yellowstone hot tub terri accommodation miles microwave wildlife woods internet pets
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed two nights between Cody and Yellowstone commuting into the park each day until we got to our night here. It is just outside Cook City (7 miles to the best Yellowstone entrance). The stars are gorgeous, the people friendly (met a great couple from Montana), and the hot tub nice and hot. The cabin is definitely a cabin, not a modern hotel, but it has a fridge, microwave, electricity and a bathroom. I stayed in cabin #3 which has one queen bed and it was all we needed. Wish we could have stayed longer as it was a great experience. Will definitely be back. I also love that it's run by someone local, nothing big business about it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank AmaElaine84
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This was our 3rd stay at Big Moose and we'll most definitely be back again.
We always have a great time staying here and run into some of the most friendly and interesting people.
The owner Terri is such a great people person and really makes you feel at home.
We love hanging out on the front porch in the evenings and chatting with each other and the other guests that come by.
The access to both Yellowstone and the Beartooth are really hard to beat the price is a great deal.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

When we went to check in, the cabin was gross! It is not at all what's depicted in the pictures on the website! It had a huge gap on the bottom of the door, in which a small animal could crawl in, and the door did not lock! If that wasn't bad enough it had totally stained carpet that didnt even go wall to wall. It had one tiny space heater that barely put out heat, the toliet was so loose it moved up and down, the worse part......was it smelled terribly like freshly sprayed bug spray and the comforter was wet with it!!!! That to me is a clear indicator of BUGS!! Due to my two autoimmune diseases and asthma there was no way I could stay there, in fact, we had to go back home quickly due to my health issues. When we called to tell Terri (as she was not there ever when we wanted to talk to her) she did not care a bit about any of the issues. We tried to contact Airbnb about our experience and have yet to hear back, yet I love how Airbnb lets the host leave half truths and lies on reviews about us. We are not happy with Airbnb either. First and last time using it ever. We stay every year in either Cooke City or Silvergate and this is the worst dealings with I have ever had. Learn from us and stay away from this deceptive rental!!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeeNice1972
BigMooseResort1, Owner at Big Moose Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

This gentleman and his wife called a day early and wanted to know if they could come in early. Cabin #4 was the only cabin I had open. They were told to look at it and if they wanted it they could have it, I was going to town. Cabin #4 is a cabin that was built in the late 1940's which I made clean when he called the day before. It is well used and he never looked the cabin he reserved. The carpet is stained with years of use, the stained will not come out no matter how many time I shampoo it. We have replaced the old carpet in the bed room that was 5 inches short on one side. BUGS ? there are some spiders as you have no control over what comes in all houses at all times. When I find them they are gone. The review made earlier will attest to that. This lady had autoimmune diseases cause by cold, which they had camped out the night before, hence the early arrival at my place. This was proven through Airbnb which they had booked through, We ended up giving a full refund because she was allergic to cold. Mountain tend to be a little chilly, it looks like someone did not do their homework. We are new owners and are making upgrades as we can. Our rooms are clean and I do not use bug spray, it bothers me why would I make other people deal with it?

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We have seen this place several times passing thru and never stayed, but so happy we did this time. We had a duplex cabin with kitchen and bath... no real internet or phone, but there was satellite TV in the cabin. The people were super nice, very accommodating, and pets are okay. The bathroom was very updated with good water pressure. The rest of the decor was a little dated, but if you're in this area for fancy digs, you have some to the wrong place. Do yourself and your family a favor and stay here if you are coming to Cooke City or the Beartooth Highway.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on one of my trips over the Beartooth. Large clean cabin with a deck . Having a kitchen and bbq grill was great. Very friendly helpful people. Price was good for the size of the cabin in peak season.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple