“Easy sandwich shop with eclectic take home meals”

Front Street Market
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Price range: USD 5 - USD 9
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Northwests largest Italian Grocery and wine shop, Deli, gourmet food from all over the world. Specialty beer, and a wide variety of wine.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Small deli with decent deli salads (pasta, broccoli salad, etc). Limited sandwich choices but family of 5 and all were happy with their meals (ham sandwich, hot Italian, etc) Quaint little shop has a lot of take home food options but we didn't dive into those offerings as much. Seemed to get good traffic during our 1-2pm visit, thus I'm assuming most customers are happy...we were.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

What a great market and deli! We all had different sandwiches that were great....nothing fancy just great taste! Pasta salads were yummy as well as the minestrone soup! The owner, what a guy! We sure enjoyed our stop here!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

So you want a bit of home and you live in Montana? Just ask for it and just maybe on a shelf will be that special touch of Hawaii or Texas or where ever...

I love this place! Get wonderful smoked prosciutto, hard salamis, etc. Good cheese selection. You can just buy a sandwich or buy a pound... I like to get exotic balsamic fruit vinegars here. I know there are other places to get some of these items, but here I can just wander aisle to aisle and find unusual legumes or chili sauces or pastas or...

Give yourself an hour or so just to explore and enjoy. Then order lunch and sit inside or out.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We wanted to wander about SW Montana, and a friend recommended a shop/small cafe-eatery, and market in Butte. We had cherry pie at their house after dinner last year that was to DIE for, (and I don't even like pie), and she said you can get them at the Front Street Market. It is Italian-centric, but offers up just about anything you could want. World class cheese selection, great wine room, candies, jams, sauces, mixes... four small tables serve lunch type food, but we got there around closing time so I can't comment on that. Many, many of their hand prepared foods are available frozen, with cooking/baking instructions, and I'll vouch only for the cherry pie, but everything looked SO good. My husband said it reminded him of a cool general store in Napa Valley he'd been to. Because I had dogs in the car, I didn't buy any food, but scooped up a couple of bottles of some good Italian wines, and on the recommendation of a regular at the cash register, another bottle of a French wine that she said was an amazing summer refreshing wine ( a rose, and I don't usually like roses, so I'll weigh in later), served super cold (she bought 4 bottles). Very friendly staff, willing to help with anything and everything. I've had their (frozen) lasagna too. The night I had the cherry pie. yummy.

1  Thank valeriedevries
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We were traveling near Butte mid-afternoon and looked for a good place to grab lunch. My husband had a pastrami sandwich and soup and said it was great. I am gluten intolerant and although there was nothing gluten free on the menu, the owner made me a great salad - fresh greens, fresh veggies, fresh fruit and great meat. The store was very clean and stocked with every Italian food you can imagine - really fun place to grab a bite and shop the shelves. The prices were great too!

1  Thank ESK1717