“Amazing market that looks small but is big in variety!”

Front Street Market
Ranked #11 of 117 Restaurants in Butte
Price range: USD 5 - USD 9
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Northwests largest Italian Grocery and wine shop, Deli, gourmet food from all over the world. Specialty beer, and a wide variety of wine.
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We wanted to wander about SW Montana, and a friend recommended a shop/small cafe-eatery, and market in Butte. We had cherry pie at their house after dinner last year that was to DIE for, (and I don't even like pie), and she said you can get them at the Front Street Market. It is Italian-centric, but offers up just about anything you could want. World class cheese selection, great wine room, candies, jams, sauces, mixes... four small tables serve lunch type food, but we got there around closing time so I can't comment on that. Many, many of their hand prepared foods are available frozen, with cooking/baking instructions, and I'll vouch only for the cherry pie, but everything looked SO good. My husband said it reminded him of a cool general store in Napa Valley he'd been to. Because I had dogs in the car, I didn't buy any food, but scooped up a couple of bottles of some good Italian wines, and on the recommendation of a regular at the cash register, another bottle of a French wine that she said was an amazing summer refreshing wine ( a rose, and I don't usually like roses, so I'll weigh in later), served super cold (she bought 4 bottles). Very friendly staff, willing to help with anything and everything. I've had their (frozen) lasagna too. The night I had the cherry pie. yummy.

1  Thank valeriedevries

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We were traveling near Butte mid-afternoon and looked for a good place to grab lunch. My husband had a pastrami sandwich and soup and said it was great. I am gluten intolerant and although there was nothing gluten free on the menu, the owner made me a great salad - fresh greens, fresh veggies, fresh fruit and great meat. The store was very clean and stocked with every Italian food you can imagine - really fun place to grab a bite and shop the shelves. The prices were great too!

1  Thank ESK1717
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed every bite. The sandwich (Italian) was tasty and the soup (chicken with wild rice) was absolutely outstanding. Service was friendly and efficient.

When I'm in Butte the Front Street Market continues to be a favorite stop, not only for the lunches they serve but also for the wide variety of wines and other foods on offer. I would LOVE to have this market in my neighborhood here in Seattle!

1  Thank SueSea_11
Reviewed 8 April 2017

The Front Street Market is one of those places where when you walk in the door, you just stand a little taller, breathe a little deeper, and feel a little better about the world. This is an old world market with great food, wonderful atmosphere, and lots of things you will not easily find in our modern stores. Today, we were driving from Missoula to Billings. We stopped in Butte to visit the Front Street Market for lunch. We met wonderful people and had a great meal. Butte is a special place and one of the best places to visit in Butte is the Front Street Market.

1  Thank MontanaSplash
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We stopped for lunch. We both ordered the half sandwich and soup. Turkey and seafood bisque. The sandwich was on fresh enough bread but was totally plain. It had a couple small slices of turkey meat and not even enough flavorless cheese to cover the meat. Nothing else was on the sandwich. Side packets of mayo and mustard were offered. The soup was very artificial tasting. The main "seafood" was imitation crab which was slimy when hot. The cookie was good. I could see going back to buy a bottle of wine but would not eat there ever again.