“Laid back for hanging with friends ”
Review of Scoop Bar

Scoop Bar
Ranked #180 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

My original intent was to go to a saloon and have shots with my bros. I was expecting Montana to be rural or country-western but downtown Bozeman shocked me with its cosmopolitan flare. Since the Scoop Bar was near a Co-op some friends wanted food from, I with 4 of my bros went there.

We all had our 1st Montana whiskey shots and the bartender was right on how it's not the best whiskey. Hey, I appreciate staff honesty - but I wanted to try something made in Montana. The decor is nice and simple (in a good way). The staff was nice and attentive. The place is great for drinks and hanging out with friends.

2  Thank Rafiq J

Reviewed 2 June 2015

One of three bars/pubs on the same block, and they managed to fill the open niches between themselves in a manner that almost made me think it was planned that way, but only almost.
The three of them, Molly Brown, Scoops and Haufbrau has managed the trick of existing without stealing each others customers in a brilliant way.

The Scoop had the "biker-bar" attitude, the Molly Brown had the "road-house" style, and Haufbrau were kind of swaying between the irish pub, and the german bierstube style.

We went to all of the three, and took a liking in each of the places and their special attitude towards both style and customers.
Nice bartenders, a mix of nighthawks and students as customers, and a extra plus for the "catering-wagon" out in the back-yard.

1  Thank Arnt-Woldseth
Reviewed 12 September 2014

Good times, Great prices and an excellent staff!! With 5 pool tables, darts and gambling it's a great place to have fun!

2  Thank S M
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stopped here for a beer-very low key, casual bar. There were lots of pool tables available and a few slot machines. If you like chain bars like Applebees or Fridays, this is not the place for you. A "dive bar" in a good way!

2  Thank angelsmarie