“inconsistant” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Bethune, South Carolina
“inconsistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My sister's room in "the tower" was much nicer than my room in the 2 story building. My room had an exposed metal bar, open to the room, with 4 hangers for a closet. My sister had a microwave and a refrigerator, I had none. My room was serviced every day, her's was not. Day one the towels were very scratchy, the second day they were really soft, and the third day they were average. Take a map of the hotel with you everywhere, and even then you will sometimes feel like a mouse in a maze. The food was very good except for the eggs at breakfast, ate there 4 times. Dog barking all night one night.
The hotel has airport shuttle service? I called from the airport and was told to go out door 3 and wait for pickup, 40 minutes later, frozen nose and toes, I go back inside and call again. First time I spoke with a male, this time I spoke with a female and was told the shuttle was on its way and she would let the driver know I was standing inside because it was so cold. 15 minutes the van pulls up, I go out and the driver said the only pick up he knew of was a flight crew coming in a 2 PM if I wanted to wait. Well one hour and 30 minutes after I called the hotel I was finally on my way. My shuttle service to the airport could not have been smoother!

Room Tip: request a tower room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank re3ver
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. We continue to make changes according to guest’s feedback. I apologize for the inconsistencies you encountered and will work with our team to improve our communication efforts. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are doing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Belgrade, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I’m forced to rate this Holliday Inn average, but in truth it is much better than average, just not quite “very good”. I’m a big fan of Holliday Inns, and this one has the usual impressive atrium with tiered baloneys that enhance space and make your forget your packed into the endless hallways of a hotel. It’s located conveniently close to Billing’s shopping street, King Avenue West, as well as the interstate. My wife and I like to visit Billings for shopping and we always stay in one of the king suites in the atrium “tower”. The rest of the hotel is underwhelming. In truth, most of it needs a major makeover, especially the concrete pit that passes for a pool. But if you relegate your reservations to the tower you will have great views, quiet interior tiered baloneys hushed by deep pile carpet, and two room king-bed suites that are as good as any I’ve seen at 4 star hotels.
Join the Priority Club and they’ll always give you a free upgrade from a standard room to a suite. Prices are significantly lower in the winter off-peak months.

Pros:
Close to shopping
Awesome, if not dated, tower atrium
Quiet
Better than expected king suites

Cons:
Dated building, especially the “newer” wings
Plain and lame pool area

Room Tip: Always spring for a king suite in the atrium "tower". All other rooms are claustraphobic.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Grand. We thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit!
Kirkland Lake, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Nice and clean hotel and location is quiet. They allowed out little Morris to this hotel and were very kind to him. Gave him a little doggy bag with treats!

Room Tip: Clean and pretty comfortable as well as breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpensMiniCoop
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Grand Montana. We thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit to Billings!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is a yearly business meeting held at the Convention Center next door. I never look forward to staying at this Hotel as it's always a terrible experience. This year however, it looks like new managment has taken over. It was a better stay - I would now consider it 'adequate' at most. Glad it's just a short stay. Food and service at the in-house restaurant is still very slow and just average.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms are superior. Pick middle to lower floors. Top floor heating is way too warm.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ninno7
Thank you for your comments; we welcome suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience and we thank you for taking the time to let us know that we are improving. We are excited that our Executive Chef just introduced a new menu which features quality Angus steaks and many more selections. We hope you have the opportunity to give our restaurant another try. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I attend a industry trade show at this facility every year. When I visit Billings during other times of the year I normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn because it's a newer, modern hotel.
That said I would still recommend this property if you are looking for value and a property that pretty much has it all.
They have a free airport shuttle, I have had to wait up to 30 minutes for it to pick me up but they always show up when they say they will. The shuttle used to take you downtown but that service is no longer available.
I have always stayed in their atrium rooms which are two rooms similar to the Courtyard by Marriott style. They are clean, kind of old but they have put in flat screen TV's. These rooms have a refrigerator and sink in the living area.
There is a small casino, restaurant, and bar. Food is average, I think the bar is the best place to hang.
The staff is very friendly, helpful, and gracious.

Room Tip: Go for the atrium rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Montana. We also appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travelers that are looking for comfort and value. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you your next visit to Billings!