“A nice evening with friends!”
Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #247 of 359 Restaurants in Billings
Price range: USD 12 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An authentic italian restaurant located on the Historic Montana Avenue in Billings, MT.
Reviewed 15 January 2017

A quiet and cozy place. We found the service and food to be very good. The bread was freshly made and melted in your mouth. Yum! I enjoyed the lasagna & soup while others had chicken & veal dishes with salads. The Cafe offered a nice selection of spirits too. We found the prices to be typical of meal & locale. I will go back!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Enjoyed a delicious Chicken Parmesan, mixed green salad, and homemade vanilla gelato with raspberry sauce. Service was prompt and personable. I'll be going again.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Will never go back. Terrible service! Was overcharged and treated terribly when I went back. I was treated terribly when I went back.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Cafe Italia opened several years back with such promise! The menu was daring and unconventional: new takes on old Italian standards! The place was often busy and it was well situated on the newly trendy Montana Avenue, right in the heart of old Downtown Billings.
Travel forward a few years and it's a lonely shadow of its former self with no ambiance to speak of and very few patrons. The last time I was in there the menu was unchanged but the chef (I would guess and untrained one) clearly didn't have a grip on traditional Italian cuisine, much less avante guarde. Our waitress was more interested in talking with friends, there was a huge flatscreen TV tuned to nothing a patron would watch, and not much attention to service or much of anything.
The Caesar Salad is unique and used to be interesting, but it's old hat now. The other dishes we had were drab.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Love this restaurant! Never seen it crowded. Very friendly knowledgable service, and terrific food. The Calamari is some of the best I've ever had. It is topped with a sprinkle of melted cheeses and thin slices of mushrooms , and served in a brown paper bag. The dipping sauce that is served with it is just perfect. Eat it with a spoon.
There is always an interesting creation available, and there is even live music- maybe every weekend, I'm not certain.
Make sure you put Cafe Italian on your list!