“Delicious!”

Lemongrass Thai Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 369 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Just passing through Billings and looking for something better than a chain or fast food. We lucked up at the Lemongrass. My husband got the yellow curry and I had the pad Thai with shrimp. Both were delicious! I didn't want peanuts and our server(owner ?)was happy to accommodate. She was also very friendly and interesting to talk to. Our son is a picky eater but loved the Thai spring rolls and chicken satay. Prices were very reasonable. Atmosphere was welcoming and bright.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Family own restaurant, run by a mom and daughter duo. Had the tom yum soup, drunken noodles and curry. Everything was delicious. Good amount of spice. It tastes as good as other Thai restaurants I been to. It does close early at 8pm which is basically the time everything else closes.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I am NOT a food snob, and this Thai was good, but not great. But the service was good, all of the typical Thai dishes were available, and the staff was friendly. The prices were a little high and to be truthful, I would probably try the other Thai restaurant (Siam) were I to be in Billings again. Still, I have no complaints and no regrets about choosing to eat dinner here.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

So when Lemongrass opened it was shockingly good for our town. I was so impressed with the level of service, speed of service, and the quality of the food. So below I have included which I enjoy about Lemongrass.

1. The owners make trips to Salt Lake City to get the quality ingredients and food they need and want to serve.

2. The sticky rice desert is so good and I always have to order it. Get the mango when it's in season. If you don't know just ask, they will tell you. The custard isn't a bad second but fresh mango is awesome.

3. I have never had a bad dish and you can see what people order. I tend to eat food on the hotter side but most items are not too hot. Ask for hotter if you need it.

2  Thank Brett S
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I don't understand how this restaurant does not have more 5-star ratings. It is the best Thai food I have had in Montana, and holds up to Thai I have had in NY, San Francisco, LA, Denver, etc.

First time I went, I ordered the Phanaeng curry. It was a little different and is served with peas and carrots, but it was excellent. I also had the spring rolls, and they were not bad, but I was looking for the fried version.

Went back 2 nights later with 3 friends and we ordered several dishes family style. Ordered the chicken skewers with peanut sauce for an appetizer, and then Massaman and Phanaeng curry, a curry fried rice, and Pad Thai for the entrees. All of the dishes were incredible. The portions lean towards generous and the prices are very reasonable.

The only knock is that the dining room is a bit small so it can be difficult to get in on peak times, and I am not a fan of the high-top tables.

I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Ryan M