“Great Buffet and friendly service”

Golden Phoenix West
Ranked #275 of 387 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The dinner buffet is really high quality and plentiful. It seems that they make small batches of everything and monitor it closely to re-up depleted dishes. Therefore, I never got that "how long has this been sitting under the heat lamp" sort of feeling.

My favorites were the egg rolls, chow mein, sweet and sour chicken, marinated mushrooms and egg drop soup.

The dining room is clean and nicely appointed and the servers were friendly.

1  Thank onewickedb

Reviewed 25 January 2017

We really enjoy the buffet here. sooo many choices and it really is good, not like some of the other places. We frequently get food to go. the green beans with anything or alone is a must try. We go frequestly.

1  Thank serrimt
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

This place is terrible! It had been about 18 years since we last ate here and it'll be another 18 before we try it again.
Pork egg foo yung was 1 tiny little pancake cut in half with some cabbage, mushrooms, and little pieces of pork. Egg rolls might as well be called mush sticks, because that's exactly what they were - fried wonton wrappers with some kind of mush in them. Sweet and sour chicken is basically tempura batter with some sauce. The orange beef was just ok, but for a dish that has a pepper next to it on the menu, it certainly lacked kick. I don't know how you serve bland Chinese food - but that's exactly what this was. None of the food had any kind of flavor except the egg rolls and chicken which tasted of oil.
I was hoping this place would be good - because Billings so badly needs a good Chinese restaurant - but it's not.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

You can eat off the buffet or order off the menu.both are good.I really like the shrimp&snow pea pods off the menu. Portions of the menu are good.sometimes I can't finish all they serve,doggie bag please. they also serve beer and wine.kids are welcome too.

1  Thank Sozol
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Not sure what those other reviewers were talking about or if they've even been out of billings before but this is some of the best Chinese. Definitely one of the best buffets I've ever been to and I travel the entire US. Without a doubt the best eggroll in Billings.

2  Thank Mike K