“Ummm...”

Golden Phoenix West
Ranked #261 of 359 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

I used to love this place. My family and I would come here all the time to eat and it was always delicious. So I figured my boyfriend and I could come here for date night! Bad idea, let me tell you. The fried rice and egg rolls are decent, but the rest was just meh, pretty gross actually. His food was barely edible! Not gonna be surprised if he's sick tomorrow. It really isn't worth it to come here if you ask me.

1  Thank ServerChick32

Reviewed 21 March 2015

I used to be a regular at this restaurant. For the most part, I had the time to sit down and eat and things seemed clean and the food was good. Service was very good.

I had their menu in my car, and started calling my order in to pick up food. I noticed that area where I was expected to 'wait,' was very cluttered with papers and files. I blew it off to lack of space and you had to do you book work somewhere.

And then it happened, no plastic forks in my take out. No details necessary. I told my self, that it could happen to anyone, but didn't return for a few years.

I found myself there again last Wednesday. I went inside and ordered food for supper to take home. I couldn't help but notice that the piles of papers and files had grown and now to my shock there was a sectional, which appeared to once have been leather, and frankly may always have been there, was where I was expected to 'wait' for my order. When the gal pointed to this gross seating area for me to sit on I said, 'you've got to be kidding, and that can't be the first time you've heard that.' She admitted that it wasn't. Honestly, I have no idea how this could be going on. Is there NO 'board of health' anymore? I went to my car and waited. When I came back in my food had just arrived and I took it and left.

No plastic forks, again. But this time I was headed home, so it really didn't matter, though they didn't know that! The food was VERY mediocre. There was no spice in my 'hot' dish and the pork sweet and sour was just...batter. After eating we didn't feel well. I'm not suggesting it was food poisoning, but something didn't feel 'right.'

Frankly..the people running this place are lazy, plain and simple. Throwing out the sectional and adding some file cabinets would be a plus here, but then there is the food. I won't be back.

1  Thank Zenergygal
Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

I think we picked the wrong place. But it was busy with both dine in and take out. So we were hopeful. The wait staff was literally running around the restaurant, so strange.
Buffett was typical. My real concern came when i tried my soup and it was cold. Went back up and three out of the four steam tables were broken. Red flag and i was afraid my son andi would be sick.

1  Thank Shelley A
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Consistent. The buffet is good, typical Chinese buffet items. The waitresses pay attention to you. I usually order off the menu.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Billings is pretty far inland for excellent Chinese food. I love egg foo young and theirs is goo, just covered with way too many many raw vegetables. Their sweet and sour soup is very good. Service is always good. They will prepare food without MSG if you request it. Prices a little steep.

1  Thank Jan B