“Excellent service, atmosphere and food”

Schafer's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Price range: USD 30 - USD 45
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A casual dining experience is what Schafer's is all about. Located just south of Bigfork at the top of Woods Bay, overlooking Flathead Lake, the restaurant sparkles with views and warmth offering a dining experience unsurpassed in the Flathead Valley. A full dinner menu, lounge menu and handcrafted desserts delight the sophisticated palate of the residents and visitors who frequent the area. Whether a local who dines out regularly, a visitor on the way to Glacier National Park, or a young millennial couple excited to share date night, Schafer's will not disappoint. For wine lovers, our wine selection features over 70 wines predominantly from the Northwest and California with a wide selection of international wines as well, and all served in Reidel stemware. The weekend just isn't complete without Brunch and Schafer's is all about it! With a nod to old world tradition, our brunch menu is designed to delight! Served from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday, a Schafer's Brunch is a magnificent way of celebrating a day of rest. Visit us at Schafer's. We know you will return again and again. Reservations are accepted, but not required.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have been there numerous times and just went for Easter Sunday Brunch. You could not find better food, staff, atmosphere and friendly folks. We had a wonderful time. I cannot say enough about how good the food was and how great the staff was in accommodating anything that you needed. They also have a great hotel Mountain Lake Lodge that you can stay at!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Just a stone throw away from Bigfork, located in Mountain Lake Lodge in Woods Bay, is perhaps one of the best restaurants by Flathead Lake: “Schafer’s Restaurant”.
My wife and I, local residents of Bigfork, frequent this establishment as often as we can. Whether it is for special occasions, such as Birthdays and anniversaries, or just an evening after a long day at work, we have always found comfort and complete satisfaction at Schafer’s.
The atmosphere has a log cabin feel to it, yet it is quite elegant and warm. The decor is charming, and complimented by a fireplace in the middle of the room. The view of Flathead Lake is spectacular, weather you are sitting inside or out.
But what keep us coming back are “Food” and “Service”.
In all the times we have been to Schafer’s, I can honestly say every food item we have ever ordered has been simply delightful. Masterfully created dishes, combined with a decent collection of wines has always surpassed our expectation of fine dining in Flathead Valley.
And then, there’s Service:
You are greeted at the door by the gracious host/manager, Toby, who personally escorts you to your table. He then introduces you to your waiting staff, and allows these professional yet friendly staff take over. They are very knowledgeable, and have always steered us in the right direction whenever we have asked for recommendations. Though we have always enjoyed and appreciated every member of the waiting staff, Blake in particular stands out. Full of knowledge, and bursting with enthusiasm, she is the perfect combination of professionalism and friendliness.
All in all, our experiences at Schafer’s Restaurant have always been simply grand, and this 5 Star review is well deserved and long overdue...

We will be back...

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to Schafer's Restaurant for quiet evening to enjoy the snow, cold weather, Holiday decorations before we went to see our family members in Texas. As always the drinks were excellent and our service from the Chef Casey was superb. We always enjoy our Duck quesadillas as our appetizer! They are unique and delicious. Our entrees were excellent and we left feeling the warmth of the season. Schafers is a nice romantic restaurant just outside of Bigfork tucked away in Woods Bay on beautiful Flathead Lake.

1  Thank D P
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Someone was telling me that they make good steaks here, so had to check it out. I was going to try the baseball cut that a friend had raved about, but they were doing "blackened" steak the night I was there, so decided to try that instead. It was great! My husband ordered scallops and they were good, but he says there were only 3. I thought there were 4, but regardless, steak is usually the better bet in Montana. The restaurant is located in the Mountain Lake Lodge in Woods Bay and I hear that it is a very nice hotel with fireplaces and a salt pool. The dining room has beautiful paintings and is very comfortable. It is dress jeans casual or fancy depending upon you. I think I would have liked to have been a tad more dressed up. It seemed like a great place for a romantic dinner or with friends. I didn't see any high chairs. I think kids would have been too noisy and messy for the "fine" dining experience setting they are promoting. I have also heard the brunch is amazing. We will be back to try it again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

While at MLountain Lake Lodge you have to dinre at least once here.
Service is correct, the bison is perfect and also the fish.
Good choice of wine by the glass and of beers...