“what..are you kidding me!!”
Review of Swan River Inn

Swan River Inn
Ranked #39 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Did not experience the food...didn't stick around long enough. Was greeted rudely by the waitress complaining she was the only one there, a comment we heard no less than 5 times along with, "IM DOING THE BEST I CAN" Only 4 tables were occupied with 2 people. 30 minutes later we got one of ours drinks.. a bottle beer with a glass..wine didnt come. The Beer had chunks in it..literally. Meanwhile the couple next to us was complaining about the salad. When told there were no orange slices for the beer, I asked for lemon. 10 minutes later, still no wine the waitress swooped by and set down a plate with 2 rotten lemon slices complete with mold on the rind. Imagining what the fish was like after seeing the lemon we left. We were assuming that the teen who was poorly dressed that delivered the salad to the next table must have been the cook too!! What a shame..it is a delightful little place for atmosphere.

1  Thank James M
There are newer reviews for Swan River Inn

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We only went there once and the food was nothing exceptional, It took us over a hour to get served dinner. This was on a nite when there was ony 6 people in the place

1  Thank robinnit
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We discovered BigFork and the Swan River Inn on our way to Glacier National Park.

We sat upstairs overlooking the lake, very pleasant.

After reviewing the menu, decided on the the "Captain's Platter" which was similar to a cioppino. It turned out to be one of the best, if not the best, such preparation that I have experienced. Lots of seafood and fish and a "to die for" sauce. The service was excellent as well.

Recommend Swan River Inn for dinner and the town looks quite interesting as well!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

All of the food is incredible, but the buffet is spectatcular. They have the best variety of well displayed foods. It is worth the money.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

A YEAR out from our wedding, we signed a contract with these people reserving their rooftop space for our reception. We also put down a substantial deposit. I received a rude, short, and very curt email a MONTH ago, almost four months to the DAY of our wedding that they double-booked the space and that we would be moved to an undesirable location. I immediately called and received assurance from the owner (who I SIGNED the contract with) Margrit, that this was a mistake made by a Sharon (that I had never met) and that we would have the space as per the contract.

Shortly after, I received a second curt email, this time from Sharon, confirming that we would not be getting the space, and that the party they booked first would get the space. I can only assume that party was larger, therefore, more money.

From there, I emailed. I called. No one would explain to me how this had happened. No one would treat me with some respect, like a human being, and call me back

In fact, when I called, I spoke to the snotty, sarcastic hostess who told me this has happened before and that I should check out all the terrible reviews on http://tripadvisor.com. Well, I did just that, before adding my own.

If you know this area, you know that this is tourist season and we were basically screwed as to find a new venue that would cater and host 40 people.

I supposed I should say that they offered their tacky formal ballroom as some sort of compensation. What a freakin' joke. Why would I trust them with my reception if they could not handle my reservation in the beginning?? Also, my reception would have taken place at the EXACT same time that the party who received our space would be having their event. And I'm supposed to trust these people?

In the end, I think this is a blessing. They would have royally screwed up my reception. They obviously can't get their crap together. So, thanks Swan River Inn for letting us know how unprofessional, disrespectful, and altogether terrible you are BEFORE you screwed up our reception.

Oh!...their food? It's okay. If you are willing to wait about 45 minutes to be seated, and two hours to be served, on a Tuesday, for brunch, then this is your spot.