See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights as I revisited the town where I grew up.
Marian and Gary were great hosts; their recommendations of restaurants and places to visit were spot on. Breakfasts were absolutely delicious and the snacks were tasty too! The house is a treasure trove of pictures and memorabilia and the back deck is wonderful for relaxing and enjoying the birds.
I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Perfectly lovely place to stay. Convenient to everything, inn keepers delightful, breakfast wonderful, room amazing. Hidden away yet close to St. Louis and places to visit in Webster Groves. Don't miss a chance to experience this beautiful B&B

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank metass
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed here for a week while attending a conference. The Metrolink station is not far, so I was able to drive there, park, and then take the train downtown to avoid traffic. There were always cookies and muffins in the kitchen for snacking.
I had the downstairs room, which has a bathroom next to it. It is right next to the kitchen, so I did hear the microwave beeping and people talking at the breakfast table while in the bathroom. It felt like being in the dorm - I had to take all my clothes with me to the bathroom to shower since the few steps to room were in an open hallway (even though there was a wicker privacy screen, it still wasn't enough to provide full cover).
The bed had a dip in the side where people sit. It needed to be turned. The sheets were good quality.
The room is a good size, but all the surfaces are covered with knick knacks so I didn't have much room to put my things. There's a dresser and wardrobe, but my clothes seemed a bit musty after being in these. (Apparently they belonged to her grandparents). Cedar blocks would help to freshen them.
This is an older house, so the floors creak. The creaking under the tub was disconcerting. The jacuzzi tub is quite deep and it was a challenge to get in and out each day. There is Rainbath shower gel, Nexxus shampoo and conditioner, and Nivea lotion available in the bathroom.
Note that there is a cat, so if you're allergic, this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Upstairs seemed to offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Kocickasmom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed one night at Old Orchard. It is a beautifully renovated story-and-a-half, with many antique furnishings. Marian is a gracious hostess and an interesting conversationalist, who made our stay delightful.

Make sure you see the window box in the downstairs bathroom.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quilt_n_garden
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We love to stay here when we are visiting our son at Webster University in Webster Groves. The house architecture is charming and interesting. It is spotlessly clean and feels like home. The hosts are welcoming but not intrusive. We always enjoy a relaxing stay and highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013