“Nice Getaway”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
“Nice Getaway”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I spent the night just to get away and be able to swim. I chose a Drury Inn because of the added benefits of the breakfast and evening food that got rave reviews on this site and for the use of the swimming pool. The good: Had room on the 6th floor away from elevator and ice machine and was super quiet. The breakfast was decent - with good selection. The 5:30 pm food was awesome! Great selection of food along with 3 drink vouchers per person - this combination almost unheard of anywhere else. Popcorn and soda available most of the day. Room was slightly smaller that I had hoped for, but nicely furnished with marble floors with flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. They have an indoor and outdoor pool - on the smaller side but empty on the day we were there. The desk staff (I think his name was Ron) was very pleasant and made us feel welcome. Bad: Bartender was AWOL several times when people were standing and waiting for drinks. The hot tub had luke-warm water with tons of frothy foam. Far side had a bunch of gritty sand like stuff on the bottom - not sure what it was. The bed was a little too soft - and not very supportive. My back ached the next morning. The most annoying thing was we had no toiletries in the room except for one of those small bottles of shampoo that had already been opened and used. Overall though it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canoe4770

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Drury Southwest, for 2 nights, to celebrate our anniversary and take in some sights in St. Louis, as well as watch a Cards game. I had stayed at different Drury Inns, in the past, and thought that this would be a good choice. It was a fabulous choice. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, was wonderful. The room was spotless, and had a microwave, refrigerator and coffeepot, as well as a large flat screen TV, and a ton of channels to choose from. Noise was not a factor. The entire facility was spotless, from the lobby to the glass elevator, to the dining area. We enjoyed their evening snack/meal time which included hot dogs, chicken tenders, mac & cheese and a lot of other goodies. Okay, so it's not fine dining but it tasted great and saved us a lot of money eating out. Cocktails were available, as was beer and wine, and each room comes with complimentary drinks, I believe it was 3 a night, though I may be wrong about that. Fresh popcorn and sodas were available throughout the evening, free of charge! Though we didn't take advantage of the pool or the hot tub, they looked inviting, we just didn't have enough time to take a dip. We drove about 10 minutes up I-44 to the the Metrolink station, parked and took the train into downtown to see the sights, and watch a ballgame. The Metrolink is clean and safe and a fabulous value, only $4.50 per person for a round trip ticket. This Drury Inn is spectacular! Of course, you can have all of the plush surroundings you want, but if the staff are crappy, then it's not a good deal. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, at the Drury Inn was beyond nice, helpful, polite and friendly. We talked to a variety of employees from the desk clerks, to the bartender, to the cook, to housekeeping staff. They were all top notch individuals who made us feel welcome. What was really noticeable was that they all were very genuine in their demeanor. You can tell when someone doesn't like their job, and goes through the motions. None of that at this Drury Inn!!!! Everyone was very sincere and extremely helpful. My wife and I have stayed at a number of different establishments... Super 8; Travelodge: a number of the Wyndham condos... but this Drury Inn absolutely blows all of the rest of them out of the water!!!! Our sincerest thanks for such a wonderful stay, especially for 2 weary old-fart road warriors like my wife and I(I hope that she doesn't read this). When we come back to St. Louis, we know exactly where we will be staying. Drury Inn Corp. has a real gem on their hands, with this particular hotel. Keep up the good work and we hope to see you again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Booked our trip through Hotels. com
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank doctrkr
Durant, Iowa
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I found this hotel through some internet research and was pleased when reading past guests comments. Our stay far exceeded my expectations. EVERY staff member we spoke with or passed in the hall was friendly and smilling. The assistant general manager was super friendly. She came around at kickback time asking about our stay and chatting with us and the kids. She even told us about a nice state park just down the road to take the kids through. Every staff member was great. The room and hotel were clean. The pool area was nice. The food was great and hot. Staff was everywhere in the hotel and willing to help. Our stay could not have been any better and we will deffinately be back again.

Room Tip: Free breakfast buffet and 530 pm food was great and hot. Asks for their internet rate to get a disc...
1 Thank nursecb05
Missouri
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had a great stay! We booked our room with along the St. Louis Science Center package which was a great price for both. The hotel, pool and dinning area was nice and clean. Staff was all friendly and helpful. Our kids had a great time at the pool! The only disappointment was the elevators were pretty slow. We will definetly stay at this location next time we are in the St. Louis area.

Hannibal
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We are here now a family of 5 plenty of room in a double room plus a rollaway. We had to have smoking room smells like stale smoke, do to know non smoking available. There is a indoor/outdoor pool very nice. Hot Tub is hot! Pleased with the spacious room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
2.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
4.5 km away
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!