“All around great”

OR
Get food delivered
Price range: USD 8 - USD 23
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Salt + Smoke, BBQ Bourbon and Beer sources and smokes the best BBQ in town! We make everything from scratch from our fries to pies and can help you wash that delicious food down with any of our over 300 beers and whiskies!
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This was my first time dining here, and I am so I happy my friend suggested this restaurant! First of all, our waitress was excellent. I had asked for her recommendation on whether to have the garlic and herb fries or smoked sweet potato chips as a side for my pulled pork sandwich. She said the fries were great, so I went with those. While we waited for our food, she brought out a small dish of the sweet potato chips for us to try. They were amazing, and I was hoping I hadn't made a poor decision in going with the fries. No worries - those were excellent as well. My sandwich was tasty, and the buns must be homemade as they were really fresh. I can't wait to bring my husband here.

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (711)

Reviewed 4 February 2016

It was a warm evening in January, the place was full except the outdoor seating. So, our small group decided to dine al fresco. The menu was interesting with some selections not normally available at BBQ restaurants. I opted for pulled pork, as that is a your best bet at most BBQ places. It was okay. I thought it lacked the intense smokey flavor that I expect although it was moist. It was also not very hot, but I will chalk that up to the al fresco factor. They have a great selection of Bourbon, which one in our group was enthusiastic to sample. Unfortunately, the food was served by a runner and our server was no where to be seen for some time. We were already eating when we placed the order, and almost finished by the time the drinks arrived; sans the ice that our bourbon drinker ordered. I think to be fair I should try this place again, but I was not impressed on this occasion.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Been there twice, loved everything about it. In a town full of great BBQ places, Salt and Smoke is one you won't be disappointed in. The brisket is some of the best I've ever had, and I've been to quite a few BBQ joints all over the country. The apps are awesome (try the brisket ravioli!), the sauces are perfect, and every side I've tried was beyond average. And those popovers - yup. Add a great bourbon menu and you've really got me. So good we just had our wedding dinner there. Tom, the owner, and the rest of their group (especially Ani [sp?] and Andrew) were great to us. I could go on, but really, try it. You won't be disappointed.

Thank J. R. B
Reviewed 23 January 2016

First time here on friends' recommendations. Excellent service, and the smoked chicken was delectable and moist. I like this BBQ place for better atmosphere, and offerings such as smoked trout and chicken, rather than only pork and beef. By selecting the green bean and tomato salad, it was very healthy as well as tasty. What also amazed me was that my plate arrived within 3 minutes of my order! My server was attentive, kept my decaf coffee coming, yet did not rush me, as I was also waiting for my child's rehearsal to be over and it was too cold and snowy to go elsewhere. I stayed there 2.5 hours, and enjoyed their homemade apple pie and Mexican chocolate ice cream after my meal. I added to my tip since I took up a table, although I watched to make sure no one was waiting. It was a lovely way to enjoy my evening, watch the snow fall, and smell heavenly aromas from the kitchen. Easy to find, just across the street from Blueberry Hill, parking could be a challenge, but on this snowy night, I parked across the street at a meter.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Fun take on the BBQ theme. Great location, neat decor, and a friendly atmosphere. Some tables are pretty close together, and the light outside needed to be replaced creating a strobe like effect throughout dinner, but none of that could detract from the delicious food! Brisket, pulled pork, and macaroni and cheese I highly recommend. The fried pickles and garlic fries I would pass on. The fried pickles were a variety of pickles including sweet, which still are not good, even fried. The sandwiches and meals were a decent price considering the amount of food served.

1  Thank Kaw538