Review Highlights
A beautiful place!

My 12 year old and I went to visit this park today and were blown away at the beauty of it! We had... read more

Reviewed 18 July 2018
Joy O
via mobile
Amazing Hiking Experience

Reviewed 7 September 2017
548niccim
Blue Springs, Missouri

All reviews great place to hike pavilions donation rocks hiking columbus nature scenery mo cave
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This Park is a hidden Gem. The trail will take you from a beautiful creek great for skipping rocks and getting your feet wet to up in the top of these unique rock structures. Really great photo opps. and a great place to hike.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My husbands kids wanted to take their Dad on a hike for Father's Day so we went to the Pinnacles and we had a great time.
Once you cross the creek you'll be able to climb the rocks and walk on the trails. It's gorgeous this time of year with all of the wild life and nature.
A couple of tips:
Wear old shoes, the rocks in the creek are super slick your better off just walking through it.
I like to bring a walking stick.
If your going to be climbing the rocks you'll need both hands to maneuver so bring a backpack for keys, water & your phone.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I took my kids (ages 10 & 14) here on a Sunday in mid-October after seeing a friend's picture after she had hiked here the week prior; she recommended that we check it out now that the leaves are changing colors. I am so glad we did!!! We first did the short hike down to the Shelving Rock, which was nice and cool in the shaded overhang. There was one other family there when we arrived, and their kids had clearly been playing in the sand of the "beach" there for a while. We returned back to check out The Pinnacles from below before we followed the instructions on the pamphlet to cross the creek and make the hike up. We didn't spend nearly enough time there (~2 hours), nor had we intended to since we didn't know what to expect, but we will definitely go back to do to the full hike, look for fossils, enjoy a picnic, splash in the creek, etc. This was a great place to soak in the sun, but still have plenty of shade, and take some incredible pictures of the landscape that isn't like the rest of Columbia!

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Our family likes to come here to get some fresh are and some walking in. We do not visit often because our family is busy. We recommend this to people who are physically fit and have a good balance.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Located 13.9 miles north of the Highway 63 and Interstate 70 interchange of Columbia. It is a short drive north from Columbia on North Highway 63. Take a right on Pinnacles road. The road will "T" after you pull off the highway, go right at the T. The road curves to the left and you will be at the parking lot in 0.6 miles. This is privately owned and there is a donation box. Open from 8:00 am till dark. There are several paths to explore. To get to the top, we found that the path to the right by the pavelion at the parking lot will take you to a rock path across the creek and up the hillside to the pinnacle rocks. I am afraid of heights so I only made it halfway up but my teenagers loved and said they will go back and take friends. There is also a lower path that leads to a rocky creek bed. Could have spent some time there looking for fossils. The path to the top is probably a mile. I have poor balance and was able to navigate most of the trails.
Finger Lakes is about three miles south on Highway 63 (there are brown Missouri State Parks signs on the Highway to mark the exit). Great place to go swimming and cool off if you are hot from hiking. You can also rent kayaks ($30 for the day, $16 for 2 hours) at Finger Lakes.

Date of experience: July 2016