“Great afternoon hike not that far from Columbia, Mo.. Will go back!”

Pinnacles Youth Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Sturgeon
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Located 13.9 miles north of the Highway 63 and Interstate 70 interchange of Columbia. It is a short drive north from Columbia on North Highway 63. Take a right on Pinnacles road. The road will "T" after you pull off the highway, go right at the T. The road curves to the left and you will be at the parking lot in 0.6 miles. This is privately owned and there is a donation box. Open from 8:00 am till dark. There are several paths to explore. To get to the top, we found that the path to the right by the pavelion at the parking lot will take you to a rock path across the creek and up the hillside to the pinnacle rocks. I am afraid of heights so I only made it halfway up but my teenagers loved and said they will go back and take friends. There is also a lower path that leads to a rocky creek bed. Could have spent some time there looking for fossils. The path to the top is probably a mile. I have poor balance and was able to navigate most of the trails.
Finger Lakes is about three miles south on Highway 63 (there are brown Missouri State Parks signs on the Highway to mark the exit). Great place to go swimming and cool off if you are hot from hiking. You can also rent kayaks ($30 for the day, $16 for 2 hours) at Finger Lakes.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"mo"
"cave"

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We had heard great things about this park and tried it one afternoon after the MIZZOU football game. It did NOT disappoint!

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Just took a quick stop and the seen itself was beautiful! Looks like a nice spot to hike during the spring/summer time! Recommend going to this place!

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I love Pinnacles Park, I just don't love the fact that when my group and I got back just as the park was closing, the lady living on the property was yelling about getting us arrested FOR WANTING TO LEAVE.