“Beautiful cabin”
other travellers have booked this property
Hot Tub on Patio Dining Table
Hot Tub on Patio
Dining Table
Kitchen
living room
Pavilion and Deck by the river
property map
river
Tubes available for rent
Rafts available for rent
evenings by the river
firepit
view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

teresajro...
Peoria, Arizona
“Beautiful cabin”
Reviewed 6 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We rented Sassafras Cabin and Murphy's Retreat and were thrilled with both properties. This property is newer and very well equipped. The owners have considered most everything you may need during your visit. This cabin is very remote and that was perfect for our group.

The only minor issue we discovered was the shower was very small and shower head was very high which made showering difficult, but not so much that we would not return.

Thank you, Crystal for being such a wonderful host!

We will definitely return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Solitude
Liked least: Showers
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
gabbygirl...
Branson, Missouri
“So-so”
Reviewed 15 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We've stayed in many cabins in the area and for the price, we felt this was sub-par. It was very musty smelling, the beds were hard and extremely noisy, and we thought we would be closer to the river.

Management Response
15 Sep 2016
I am sorry you were less than happy with your accommodations.
I take my guests opinions very seriously.
As for the cabin having a musty smell, I clean very thoroughly after every guest and have never noticed a musty odor. I have many guests that return to this cabin time after time. I will be certain to ask them if they have noticed that and if so, I will figure out what is causing it and see that it is taken care of. Perhaps my nose is not as sensitive as some.
I buy mattresses of medium firmness. Most people are satisfied with that, though a few years ago, I did have one gentleman who found them to be too soft. It's tough to find a mattress that makes everyone happy.
During the investigation I conducted this morning after reading your review, I gave the foot boards on the beds a good shaking. You are right! Those things are really creaky! As soon as I have finished this reply, I will head down there with a wrench and see if I can get those tightened up!
As for being closer to the river, a call or email prior to making your reservation would have cleared that up. According to my WalkMeter app, the cabin is .31 miles or almost 546 yards from the river access. It took me 6 leisurely minutes to walk up the road from the river to the cabin. Having the cabin right at the rivers edge would cause flood plain issues and would rob it of the beautiful view.
At any rate, I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our cabin and I hope you find your future vacation accommodations more to your taste.
Crystal
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing