“My son's favorite Chinese food”
Review of Hong Kong Inn

Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #344 of 756 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We always have to eat Hong Kong Inn while in Springfield. This is our favorite location. My son loves their orange chicken. My husband enjoys their sesame chicken and crab Rangoon's. I enjoy their cashew chicken or their chicken fried rice (love the bean sprouts). We always ask for all white meat which costs a little extra. Portions are huge, nothing is dripping in grease and everything is nice and crunchy. No soggy crab Rangoon's or fried chicken pieces. This place is usually packed because it is nice and cheap and offers specials with huge portions. There is also a drive thru.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was a good meal for what you pay for. I paid $6.00 for some orange chicken, which came with rice and egg rolls. It was more than enough food. It wasn't the best food I've ever had but certainly would eat it again. Very quick and easy service. Will be back.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The food is very good and the staff is excellent. They have lunch specials that are very good and more food then most can eat.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Hong Kong Inn serves good Asian food. Very goid prices and daily specials. I really like their general chicken but it is pretty spicy, also enjoy their cashew chicken and crab rangoons. Would be nice if they would remodel both the inside and out.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Based on the reviews I tried this restaurant, with the highly recommended Springfield style cashew chicken. I was disappointed, primarily with the taste (or lack thereof). I had the all while meat version, which was cut into large pieces and cooked well--hot and moist. The light brown sauce had a slight chicken flavor, but had no other discernible flavoring. The steamed dumplings, however, were flavorful, cooked well, with a delicate dough. I enjoyed those, which saved the rating from "poor." Serving size for the appetizer, entree, and accompanying fried rice were large. You order at the counter, and food is prepared quickly and delivered to your table.